And another one....Quick Weave tutorial (pic heavy)

peppers01

I thought since there were so many dissatisfied with the color of one of my clients that I'd do another one with darker hair. This is my second favorite style done with long, curly hair. I decided to try a different technique. Instead of using 3 stocking caps, I'm using one over seran wrap. That way, I know the glue doesn't seap down onto my hair. Hope you ladies like it.

1. Start by parting out a small rectangular section is the front where the part will be, and gelling the rest back into a ponytail (I know many think brown gel is the devil, but I gotta use it to mold my hair).

2. Mold the ponytail up, spray with holding spray, and blow dry.

3. Lay seran wrap on hair about an inch from the hairline, all around, so that when glueing the tracks, the stocking cap holds.

4. Then put stocking cap on.

5. Then begin glueing the track, horizontally, from the back, upward.

6. Continue glueing all the way to front where the hair was left out.

7.Cut in a straight line where the braid is to expose it.

8.After cutting the excess cap and seran, part hair and flat iron.

9.Cut into desired style and voila!
front

back

side

Please excuse the blurriness, I need a new cam.

ajoyfuljoy

that's great! you actually kind of inspired me to make my own wig from tracks.

I'm still working on it but I am hoping it will look great!

MAMATO

I really like it... can you take it out every night ... How do you secure it on your head... with pins?

peppers01

So can you take it off like a wig? (Take it off and put back on?)
No, not this one, but if I put enough seran wrap on the cover edges it would. Except it would have to be done without a part.
how long does this take to do?
About 1 1/2 hour

I really like it... can you take it out every night ... How do you secure it on your head... with pins?
No, I can't take if off every night. It's secured by the glue on the section around my hairline, where the seran wrap doesn't reach. The glue does seap through there, but getting it off is simple with the debonding liquid.

peppers01

Since about January, I've been doing them without leaving hair out, and making it a wig so that I can take it off and put it on. This one needs to last a while since my b-day is next week, and I'll be on vacation in Dallas without all my hair products.

i want my friend to get this, but not with any hair left out.

ceebee3

Hot damn! I've never seen anything like that before. I love black folks, we're so innovative! Looks good girl!

niva

Wonder could you do a wig like this. I would look so much more natural. I would braid my own hair and sew the wig in. Hmmmmmm! What do you think OP.

peppers01

It's very possible. But you can get the weave cap with an elastic band, where it'll fit your head without having to sew it in.

Wonder could you do a wig like this. I would look so much more natural. I would braid my own hair and sew the wig in. Hmmmmmm! What do you think OP.

SelfStyled

No, not this one, but if I put enough seran wrap on the cover edges it would. Except it would have to be done without a part.

About 1 1/2 hour

No, I can't take if off every night. It's secured by the glue on the section around my hairline, where the seran wrap doesn't reach. The glue does seap through there, but getting it off is simple with the debonding liquid.

Wow you are so talented Peppers:yep:. What kind of hair is this? I'm a little slow.....so your saying that where you made the slit that part is glued to your hair?

You really could market these. This looks great on you- have a happy bday too.

jaszymeen

i might have 2 give this quick weave a try after i start stretching my relaxer. i am loving that too too much. my only thing is is it hot? how do you scratch?

peppers01

Wow you are so talented Peppers:yep:. What kind of hair is this? I'm a little slow.....so your saying that where you made the slit that part is glued to your hair?

You really could market these. This looks great on you- have a happy bday too.

Thanks a bunch! The brand of hair is Satin and the style is paradise curl. It's not glued just where the slit is, but all the way around my hairline to the nape of my neck, so it's held all over.

Rain20

Thanks for posting this. If you ever have time, could you show us how to do the wig kind?

There is a new product that you can use besides the brown gel that is supposed to be better for the hair. They talk about on it on BHM. I am not sure of the name though.
Rain20

supermodelsonya

I was in your fotki not too long ago. I actually have it bookmarked because I've wanted to try this for quite some time.

You made this look super easy and you are very good at what you do!!!!!! Beautiful!

peppers01

Thanks for posting this. If you ever have time, could you show us how to do the wig kind?

There is a new product that you can use besides the brown gel that is supposed to be better for the hair. They talk about on it on BHM. I am not sure of the name though.
Rain20

I definitely will. The wig is easy too. With a little patience, you could make your own human hair wig, fit to your head, and a wayyy cheaper price.

I remember seeing a YT video about that stuff, I gonna have to try it.