Amla oil not a pure oil!

CurlyMoo

^^^ All of my Dabur bottles and boxes list MO in the Amla oil. I wonder if they changed the ingredients (doubt it) or just don't list it anymore... Vadik Herbs doesn't contain MO

That doesn't stop me from using it though.

They just stopped listing it. In fact I find Indian haircare products suspect because they tend to use cheap ingredients and won't list them. I have a few sampoo bars and I suspect they have sulfates in them. :ohwell:

CurlyMoo

Amla oil smells a tad. Actually it stinks a whole lot!

Try ordering the Amla Powder too because it doesn't stink and you might like it better. I like FNWL, but they tend to be a bit pricey. If you can find a local Indian grocery store that sells the powder in a box you will probably spend like $2 bucks instead of $20.

I do have the Amla powder and have used it but I wanted to use the oil too. What is the difference. Since it seems to be beneficial. Does the Amla oil have a scent that lingers or can it be washed out and your hair no longer holds the scent. Also does the FNWL Amla oil have MO in it?

CurlyMoo

Can I add Amla powder to my advocado, olive oil, castor oil, molasses mix? I'm trying to make a homemade moisturizing deep conditioner.

Eisani

If using it as a prepoo, the smell is tolerable (I mean, prepoo for 30 minutes-1 hr then rinse) and it fades once you wash and dc.

CM you could definitely add the powder to your mix and still get the benefits.

Foxee, you can do a search in the natural living forum. There's a thread or two where ppl list their methods of making oils.

Mahalialee4

I just got a new bottle of amla oil and noticed there were ingredients listed on the back. I didn't notice this on my smaller bottle. At any rate I was very surprised to find that the mixture included a few different oils and the amla wasn't even at the top. Here are the ingredients:

Mineral oil, Veg oil (sesame oil, canola oil, peanut oil, cotton seed oil, palmolein oil), extract of goosberry (I think this is the amla fruit) and then a few colorings and fragrances.

WTF
I thought this stuff was just straight up amla, you know, like castor or jojoba or something. And this is the dabur brand. I mean mineral oil???? The FIRST ingredient. I just don't get this.

They need to put an "allery" notice on their products that contain peanut oil. One of the Shea Butter moisturizing hair lotions contains peanut oil. fyi