Am I the Only One That Thinks ORS Carrot Oil Stinks???

Everything Zen

In a fit of extremely dry desperation a few months back I bought some ORS Carrot Oil on my way home from work. I hadn't used the stuff in years and then after I put some on I remembered why. The smell is so overwhelming!!! :perplexed
I hadn't used it since but to avoid being a PJ and to use it up last night I tried adding a ton of Lemon and Grapefruit Essential Oil to it and whipped it up and put it on my hair. I thought it smelled great until this morning. That same lingering carrot oil smell came through. I tried to conceal that by wearing some perfume today but the smell bothers me so much I feel sick! I can't wait to get home and wash my hair tonight!

It's too bad because Carrot Oil is a decent moisturizing creme. I thought about calling up ORS and asking them if they could formulate one that was scent free or something. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can use this stuff up?

Eisani

^^ That stuff is too funky for me to use. I'm big on smells and unfortunately, now matter how good a product is, if it stinks I ain't using it! Is it just me, or does anyone else like for their hair products to compliment whatever perfume/body lotion/body wash they're wearing?

cg92

It does stink. I use the ORS olive oil cream which also stinks but not as much as the Carrot Oil. But you got to use what works.

jasmin

I don't think it's too bad. It's not a smell I would pick but it works really well on your hair. I put a nice smelling on over it so i don't smell it at all when touch my hair.

nativequeen

In a fit of extremely dry desperation a few months back I bought some ORS Carrot Oil on my way home from work. I hadn't used the stuff in years and then after I put some on I remembered why. The smell is so overwhelming!!! :perplexed
I hadn't used it since but to avoid being a PJ and to use it up last night I tried adding a ton of Lemon and Grapefruit Essential Oil to it and whipped it up and put it on my hair. I thought it smelled great until this morning. That same lingering carrot oil smell came through. I tried to conceal that by wearing some perfume today but the smell bothers me so much I feel sick! I can't wait to get home and wash my hair tonight!

It's too bad because Carrot Oil is a decent moisturizing creme. I thought about calling up ORS and asking them if they could formulate one that was scent free or something. Does anyone have any other suggestions on how I can use this stuff up?

ITA-I won't even use it.

Everything Zen

Well I thought about maybe using it up as a pre-poo with something else mixed in... :ohwell: Just as long as I get rid of it.

I cannot let myself become a PJ :nono:

justNikki

That stuff is the WORST when it comes to smells...and it's a shame because it worked really well as a twist/twistout product on natural hair.

Sistaslick

It smells gross.:lachen: The ORS olive oil is a little better on the smell. The Hollywood Beauty one smells like erasers to me. I don't know what the deal is with carrot oil moisturizers needing to smell "carotty"?:lachen:

Mane N Tail makes a carrot oil moisturizer that actually smells pretty nice, though.

BrooklynSouth

Nah, I don't think it stinks as far as aroma but it stinks as far as making my hair hard. I use it only on my ends now and rarely.