alternative to sabino moisture block?

Mz*MiMi

Hello ladies, I was curious to know if there was an alternative to sabino moisture block? Or anything that closly compares? Thanks in advance!

I've never used Sabino, but I swear by John Frieda's Frizz Ease Serum. It's the only one I've ever used. Never needed another.

Naw...I need to hear from someone who has tried at least tried Sabino and many others- Frizz ease, Redken heat glide, IC,...somebody that has tried them all and can compare. Because Sabino is the truth!

I have the original Sabino and Cowboy Magic detangler and shine. I like them both. I think I'll use the Cowboy Magic from now on, though. The same ingredients as sabino with the addition of panthenol. Much cheaper, also. For what I paid for my tiny bottle of sabino I got a huge bottle of Cowboy magic that I've been using for forever.

Naw...I need to hear from someone who has tried at least tried Sabino and many others- Frizz ease, Redken heat glide, IC,...somebody that has tried them all and can compare. Because Sabino is the truth!

Nothing compares at all to Sabino.

YMMV

Sally's carries a product similar to Sabino Block:

Printable Reviews Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser instantly seals hair cuticle to shine and smooth.

More Details •Humidity resistant formula
•Helps prevent frizz and eliminate fly-aways
•Leaves hair silky and healthy looking
•Prevents damage from heat styling

Create smooth sleek styles that resist humidity and frizz with the Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser. Designed to prevent frizz and fly-aways so hair maintains it's style longer. Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser prevents daily heat styling from damageing the hair and leaves hair silky and healthy looking. Light formula won't weigh hair down.

Sally's carries a product similar to Sabino Block:

Printable Reviews Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser instantly seals hair cuticle to shine and smooth.

More Details •Humidity resistant formula
•Helps prevent frizz and eliminate fly-aways
•Leaves hair silky and healthy looking
•Prevents damage from heat styling

Create smooth sleek styles that resist humidity and frizz with the Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser. Designed to prevent frizz and fly-aways so hair maintains it's style longer. Ion Anti-Frizz Solutions Oil Free Glosser prevents daily heat styling from damageing the hair and leaves hair silky and healthy looking. Light formula won't weigh hair down.

Thank you so much, ive been looking for something a little cheaper so that i can finally flat iron my hair to do a length check.

I have the original Sabino and Cowboy Magic detangler and shine. I like them both. I think I'll use the Cowboy Magic from now on, though. The same ingredients as sabino with the addition of panthenol. Much cheaper, also. For what I paid for my tiny bottle of sabino I got a huge bottle of Cowboy magic that I've been using for forever.

I was reading the description of Cowboy Magic since I'd never heard of it. Then I came to the part that says 'works on people too'.:huh::eh::confused:. Didn't know it was for horses.:lachen::lachen:

I read the ingredients for Cowboy Magic. Your hair is not the same composition as horse or dog hair. They have dilutives, which may make your hair look good for a little while but once you are exposed to climate changes, it fails. Moisture Block is now named Lok and Blok. All other silicone products are made with cheaper industrial silicones. While the dilutives make it easier to spread through your hair, the water solubility leaves your hair vulnerable. Also, the heat from the flat iron burns off the layer of application so if you go over the same area more than once, you are now burning raw hair. Lok and Blok (aka Moisture Block) only requires one pass with the iron. Yes, Lok and Blok (aka Moisture Block) is more money than Cowboy Magic because only contains a perfect balance of pure 100% high quality cosmetic silicones, that's why it out performs all other products. It is designed for human hair. It is shampoo soluble, not water soluble, which protect's your hair from shampoo to shampoo. It is the only product that Lok's in essential moisture and Blok's out excess moisture. The heat from the flat iron actually pushes Lok and Blok deeper into the hair shaft but heat is not necessary. What’s better, buying a cheap product or having healthier hair? What's better, looking good when you finish styling or how your hair looks by the end of each day? Go to www.gotfrizz.com and discover a world of healthier hair. After all, your hair is worth it. Important!!! please go to this link and watch this video about conditioners. http://www.sciencedaily.com/videos/2006/0110-protecting_your_hair.htm. One more thing, if you order the sample of Lok and Blok be sure to read and follow the instructions carefully prior to application. Only apply to one area for testing against your current products if you have thick or long hair.

Last edited:
Having used both the original formula of Sabino and the cowboy magic I don't see much of a difference. Of course, my hair is just as healthy as when I used Sabino...

I was reading the description of Cowboy Magic since I'd never heard of it. Then I came to the part that says 'works on people too'.:huh::eh::confused:. Didn't know it was for horses.:lachen::lachen:

:blush3: :giggle: I forgot to mention it's made for horses, originally. But you know how resourceful LHCF is! :yep: We started discussing alternatives when sabino changed their formula and some of the ladies liked it when it just had the two cones. So someone mentioned how cowboy magic detangler is just those two cones and panthenol.. which started a band wagon, as it were! :lol:

Where can you buy CowBoy Magic?

I got mine at a local horse shop (Tak shop, I think they're called) while I was in there looking for... um... megatek :look: :lol: Anyhow, I've seen it online at amazon also. It's the detangler.

I got mine at a local horse shop (Tak shop, I think they're called) while I was in there looking for... um... megatek :look: :lol: Anyhow, I've seen it online at amazon also. It's the detangler.

Welp! It's off to Amazon for me! When will the PJ'ism ever stop??!! :lachen:

Thanks for the info! :D

I used John Frieda's frizz ease serum the last time I flat ironed. That's the picture in my siggy. It kept my hair straight in July weather. I also like that I can pick it up in the grocery store and it's less than $10. I'll be using this from now on.

I tried Sabino a few summers ago and it was nothing to write home about. I must have used too much (bc I thought it wasn't working) and it made my hair limp and stringy. That coupled with the price and the fact that I have to order it online make me not want to buy it again. It was just okay.

Last edited:

I agree. I've used Frizz ease, Chi, Biosilk, and other serums and this does what is promised. But be sure to look for LOK&BLOK which is what it is called now. I use it when I shampoo my hair and airdry; it locks in the moisture very well, and prolongs my bk treatments. I especially like how, when I flat iron with it, my own sweat/sebum from sleeping and showering will not plaster my hair down and make it feel limp. This stuff performs differently than any other serum I have used. If I know I'm going to be washing my hair very often (like after workouts) I do use a cheaper version but that's just because I know I will be washing it out the very next day and don't want to waste it.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Back