Aloe Vera Gel?

Kaela

Which ladies here use Aloe Vera as part of there regimes?
What kind do you use (pure/organic or store brand)?
How do you use aloe (conditioners, as hair gel, etc) and how much?
What results did you get?

Thanks in advance!

HonEB

I use Fruit of the Earth gel. It is really moisturizing but when it evaporates my hair feels dry again so i have to put some pomade or Avocado Butter to help soften my hair

SVT

I use Suave Aloe Gel for Frizz Control. It's less drying than FOTE (Fruit of the Earth). I get a decent amount of texture definition with it.

Eventually I'll try just plain aloe vera gel.

Sweetyb

I use Fruit of the Earth, but it's the body lotion version. They look the same though. I've had the hardest time finding Aloe Vera Gel for hair! I think it works best when I use other products with it. I recently got Queen Helene's Aloe Vera Gel, also for the body, and it seems to give me the same results, so far.

None make my hair feel dry, and they both help bring in the waves when I do my scarf trick. I've still found myself using my good ol' Eco though. One day I may just pick up this big jug of Aloe Vera Juice I keep seeing at Kmart

Angelicus

I kill the plant. then i cut it open and throw in in a bowl with melted coconut oil and olive oil. then it's slathered on my hair as a pretreatment. its something about that aloe that gives my pre-treatment a strengthening kick. Go aloe go, u slimy thing u!

lunalight7

I use Aubrey Organics pure av gel from the Vit. Shoppe. I add it to GPB along w/ some avocado oil. I have added these to other condits as well and my hair feels moist and looks shiny afterwards. I use av straight from the plant (like anky) does for my face or to heal a cut.

ms_kenesha

I use FOTE but like some have said it's a bit too drying for me I think it's the other stuff that's in there, but I've been looking for some pure Aloe Vera.

Kha

I use FOTE Aloe Vera Gel for a good soft hold. But I do follow up with either KemyOil or Coconut Oil for when the water evaporates...

Kha

Have you ever tried the FOTE Vitamin E Oil gel? My friend prefers that over the Aloe Vera for the same reason...