Allure Hair Trends for Fall 2007--Are You Wearing Any of These Styles?

Isis

I recently watched the Allure Backstage: Hottest Beauty Trends for Fall 2007 hosted by Finola Hughes. For hair this season, they featured three styles:

* Wearing the hair down in loose, pretty waves, similar to the Pantene commercials of ladies (black and white) swinging their long wavy hair. They said this look requires time and professional styling but I know we can and do get this look with rollersetting/pincurling/Caruso sets.

* Wearing a ponytail low at the nape, with loose curls in the length (like rollersetting the length) and with a lock of hair wrapped around the ponytail band.

* Wearing a bun low at the nape, but a different kind of bun with the hair twisted and pinned in a loose, pretty knot or like a loose braided bun. :)

Have you tried these styles already? Do you wear the latest hairstyle trends or your own? What styles are you wearing this Fall? :)

Isis

Well, I guess I'll be the first poster.:drunk:

I have been wearing the ponytails and braided buns low on my nape all along and it feels good to know they are now in "style". :) I will see what it looks like to wrap a lock of hair around the base of my ponytail next time. It did look very chic and classy on the show.

lowridin76

I'm so plain! I've pretty much just worn regular ponytails for at least the past 9 or so years. Before that I was a kid and my mom did my hair. :ohwell:
Hopefully, I can grow it out and try something different!

Isis

I'm so plain! I've pretty much just worn regular ponytails for at least the past 9 or so years. Before that I was a kid and my mom did my hair. :ohwell:
Hopefully, I can grow it out and try something different!
I looked in your album and your hair looks very pretty--I love the color! :yep:
Wearing ponytails and wearing ponytails a little differently (like low on the nape or with accessories) makes it a little more special. Many times, I wear my ponytail (or low braided bun) off the the side, but still low. It's a nice change and I still get compliments on it.

lowridin76

I looked in your album and your hair looks very pretty--I love the color! :yep:
Wearing ponytails and wearing ponytails a little differently (like low on the nape or with accessories) makes it a little more special. Many times, I wear my ponytail (or low braided bun) off the the side, but still low. It's a nice change and I still get compliments on it.

Thanks! I'm kind of doing a little more experimenting. I'm not as self-conscious anymore, so I don't have to do styles where my hair covers my face.

br0wney3z

I haven't unfortunately. My hair is in that wierd, just getting to shoulder length so I don't feel cute in any style that requires having at least APL hair. For right now I'm just bunning or good day pinning and keeping it moving. I'm kind of in a hair funk right now and need to find new ways to wear cute protective styles.:nono:

tryingto

Isis, I watched also, I usually wear my hair pinned up, however the low ponytail or in my case bun caught my attention, heck that could be protective styling at it's best, I will be giving it a try, tomorrow after my Henna treatment, :yep:

hothair

Well, I'm on the HYH challenge so rocking a full head long curly weave which I've been wearing mostly in a ponytail with "bangs" framing my face - umm this is from last Friday before that I had a short curly look which I wore big, or with a head band off my face. I try to not be tooo close to the trends, I have nightmares about waking up and looking like everybody else :lol: so since everyones got short straight looks I decided to go the other way. Link to pic in my siggy:)

Isis

I haven't unfortunately. My hair is in that wierd, just getting to shoulder length so I don't feel cute in any style that requires having at least APL hair. For right now I'm just bunning or good day pinning and keeping it moving. I'm kind of in a hair funk right now and need to find new ways to wear cute protective styles.:nono:
It looks like you could wear the low bun easily. :yep: This trend is a simple, classy style that is also protective. :)

Isis

Isis, I watched also, I usually wear my hair pinned up, however the low ponytail or in my case bun caught my attention, heck that could be protective styling at it's best, I will be giving it a try, tomorrow after my Henna treatment, :yep:
Let us know how you like those styles. :) What I love about the ponytail and bun is that they don't take much time at all.

Isis

Well, I'm on the HYH challenge so rocking a full head long curly weave which I've been wearing mostly in a ponytail with "bangs" framing my face - umm this is from last Friday before that I had a short curly look which I wore big, or with a head band off my face. I try to not be tooo close to the trends, I have nightmares about waking up and looking like everybody else :lol: so since everyones got short straight looks I decided to go the other way. Link to pic in my siggy:)
:lol: @ the bolded! I too like to wear my hair a little more unique, which could be a simple accessory in my hair.

Last edited:

Glib Gurl

I wear all of those styles, but kind of by default (i.e., I will try to rollerset overnight and then when my hair doesn't come out right I'll just pull it back into a low, curly bun).

Evazhair

I recently watched the Allure Backstage: Hottest Beauty Trends for Fall 2007 hosted by Finola Hughes. For hair this season, they featured three styles:

* Wearing the hair down in loose, pretty waves, similar to the Pantene commercials of ladies (black and white) swinging their long wavy hair. They said this look requires time and professional styling but I know we can and do get this look with rollersetting/pincurling/Caruso sets.

* Wearing a ponytail low at the nape, with loose curls in the length (like rollersetting the length) and with a lock of hair wrapped around the ponytail band.

* Wearing a bun low at the nape, but a different kind of bun with the hair twisted and pinned in a loose, pretty knot or like a loose braided bun. :)

Have you tried these styles already? Do you wear the latest hairstyle trends or your own? What styles are you wearing this Fall? :)

The bolded are my usual styles. I am anti ponytail, or any style that requires hair to be pulled tight, especially, since I want to grow out my layers. Wow, didn't realize my usual styles were "in". All I know is I am trying to retain maximum growth.

Isis

I wear all of those styles, but kind of by default (i.e., I will try to rollerset overnight and then when my hair doesn't come out right I'll just pull it back into a low, curly bun).
Hey, default is good! :yep: I'll bet that low curly bun looks very pretty too.

Isis

The bolded are my usual styles. I am anti ponytail, or any style that requires hair to be pulled tight, especially, since I want to grow out my layers. Wow, didn't realize my usual styles were "in". All I know is I am trying to retain maximum growth.

ITA about not wearing any style wear the hair is pulled tight. I never do. :nono: Here is how I wear my ponytails--with a small, satin scrunchie and no tension.

Evazhair

ITA about not wearing any style wear the hair is pulled tight. I never do. :nono: Here is how I wear my ponytails--with a small, satin scrunchie and no tension.

That is the only way I would use one. I can't find any of those in your pic for the life of me. I am thinking of making some. In my avatar, I am wearing one of those plastic clips Macherieamour used for an updo tutorial right before I got a touchup and I try not to use those too much.

zzirvingj

I'm attaching a pic to show how I've been "bunning up" my hair lately...Sorry you can't really see it! Anyways, I've been wearing a low bun, kind of close to the nape and really big. I plan on incorporating some new accessories to kind of "dress it up".

I also am going to start parting the front of my hair on the side and wearing it somewhat of a "natural side-swept bang". Just to add a little "umph" to my bun. :drunk: