All Of A Sudden Breakage From Relaxer (product Recommendations)

summerof1990

I'm getting breakage from a relaxer i got from a stylist..usually don't get breakage now that i know how to maintain my hair...

im suspecting she didn't use enough neutralizer its been about a week is it wise to buy a neutralize and a great breakage defense deep conditioner?

any recommendations?

bklynbornNbred

Also check with stylist to confirm she used the same relaxer you previously used. It's possible your brand changed formula and your hair is reacting to that. (Or she ran out of your usual and tried to make it up with another).

After years with no problems ORS switching up led to me getting lackluster result. I'm now fully natural but that bad relaxer and subsequent attempts at corrective and long stretches to avoid overlaping started that chain of events.

guudhair

In addition to what OP recommended, I would focus on moisturizing as well. Since it's already breaking off, it maybe dehydrated if she didn't use enough neutralizer plus it's already been one week. I would neutralize, DC with a moisturizing conditioner, followed by a protein treatment, then DC again.

Why do you think she didn't use enough neutralizer? Could she have overlapped? Is it breaking all over? What does your hair feel like?

Aireen

Neutralizing is imperative. I suggest you buy a neutralizing shampoo just to have to use on your first wash in case your stylist isn't doing so when you leave the salon. Other than that, talk to her and tell her that you really need to neutralize your hair at least 3x before she continues forward. Buying some type of deep conditioner (along with the neutralizing shampoo) for at-home use should help with your breakage issue.

summerof1990

Also check with stylist to confirm she used the same relaxer you previously used. It's possible your brand changed formula and your hair is reacting to that. (Or she ran out of your usual and tried to make it up with another).

After years with no problems ORS switching up led to me getting lackluster result. I'm now fully natural but that bad relaxer and subsequent attempts at corrective and long stretches to avoid overlaping started that chain of events.

no she uses the same but she did mention how she thought she didn't have any nuetralizer but then found some..shifty eyes im going to neautralize tonight

summerof1990

In addition to what OP recommended, I would focus on moisturizing as well. Since it's already breaking off, it maybe dehydrated if she didn't use enough neutralizer plus it's already been one week. I would neutralize, DC with a moisturizing conditioner, followed by a protein treatment, then DC again.

Why do you think she didn't use enough neutralizer? Could she have overlapped? Is it breaking all over? What does your hair feel like?
she stated how she thought she didn't have nuetralizer and this is suppose to be a creditable place to get relaxer...

guudhair

Wow! That is insane.

That really pisses me off! I despise sorry beauticians.

Last edited:

Kindheart

How she didn't use a neautralizer ??thats insane . I m experiencing severe breakage on my ends I think this is due to the fact I flat iron my hair on top of being relaxed .
Did she straighten your hair on high settings after the relaxer ? Is the breakage in small pieces?

summerof1990

How she didn't use a neautralizer ??thats insane . I m experiencing severe breakage on my ends I think this is due to the fact I flat iron my hair on top of being relaxed .
Did she straighten your hair on high settings after the relaxer ? Is the breakage in small pieces?

Hmm. I never said that.