Alicia's hairstyle in new video "Teenage Love Affair"

naturallygoldie

HEEEEEEELLLLLP! I'm going to major function next month. I wanted to know if anybody knew how I could achieve the style Alica Keys has in her new video "Teenage Love Affair"...preferably via roller set. Or, a link to where I can find this info on the web would be most helpful. I've been looking alllll afternoon and found nothing.:grin:

BTW I'm BSL

Thanks a bunch

lilsparkle825

She has a few different ones...there's the one in the beginning, then the one in the staircase with Derek Luke (ponytail i think) then the one when she is at the talent show.

...i've secretly been stanning for those hairdos as well :grin:

bravenewgirl87

Thanks for giving me inspiration. I'll write about this. I haven't really seen the video, but I briefly glanced at it. I'll let you know when I figure it out.

naturallygoldie

hey lil sparkle....all the hairstyles are cute in the video!!! The one I'm like dying for is the one she has in the scene where her and her friends are watching the male lead speak...hth

lilsparkle825

oh yeah, that's my favorite. i've done something similar with my flat iron...but never got that much volume, maybe cause i don't have layers. let's bump this to see if there are some hair pros out there.

ladylibra

here ya go babe :grin:

which one did you want help on?

Last edited:

naturallygoldie

you are suuuchh a doll!

the one i had in mind the the top & bottom right ones...can i only achieve this with a flat iron??? i try to stay away from direct heat on my tresses...