After 2 years of giving my hair a rest....

Lucia

After getting over the announcement, I'm glad you're glad, and please give us updates on the frizz situation.

G

I agree too as long as your happy. I'm confused about one thing though, I look at your Natural Pics 2002 and 2003 and I see curls/riglets/waves it looks so pretty.

So, what do you mean missy when you say you "want curls when you airdry"???

Was that your natural texture or was it a twistout.

Anyway it was georgous.. And I'm sure it still is..

JazzAngel

WHY WHY did you do this to me? YOU know how my self esteem depends on it! LOL!!!!

Sorry I am having nappturality flash backs.

This board and it's members are such a great source of positive information that they make the whole hair process such a fun thing. Hair becomes a wonderful accesory no matter what it's state, natural or relaxed.

I con't wait to see your pictures. I am sure your hair looks beautiful.

JA

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
I agree too as long as your happy. I'm confused about one thing though, I look at your Natural Pics 2002 and 2003 and I see curls/riglets/waves it looks so pretty.

So, what do you mean missy when you say you "want curls when you airdry"???

Was that your natural texture or was it a twistout.

Anyway it was georgous.. And I'm sure it still is..

[/ QUOTE ]
I didn't want to relax it so straight that I couldn't get my hair to curl when it dries naturaly. I still have them, but now they are a little looser.
I got those previous ones by doing 4-5 jumbo finger coils in my hair and tying down the front hairline and letting them dry overnight...then undo them in the morning. I haven't tried them yet since I relaxed. I don't think I will have a problem(which is why I didn't relax bone straight). Also my hair is fine and relaxing too straight makes my hair limp.

Paris Belle

I'm happy for you as long as your hair is healthy, whatever decision you make. Keep up the good work (health wise) and please post pics soon!

VALLEYGIRL

WOW!!! Stay away for a little while and so much happens around here.
I remember you have been thinking about doing this for a while now. (I was one of the ones who was trying to talk you out of it)
I am very glad that you are happy with the results. I am sure that it looks very pretty too.
With this you will see your growth much better now. No more dealing with shrinkage. Your rollers sets should dry a bit quicker too now!
I cant wait to see your pics also.
Valleygirl

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
WOW!!! Stay away for a little while and so much happens around here.
I remember you have been thinking about doing this for a while now. (I was one of the ones who was trying to talk you out of it)
I am very glad that you are happy with the results. I am sure that it looks very pretty too.
With this you will see your growth much better now. No more dealing with shrinkage. Your rollers sets should dry a bit quicker too now!
I cant wait to see your pics also.
Valleygirl

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Valleygirl! You were one of my inspirations! I don't know if I could have ever had a head of beautiful curls like you have! But I figure, if I decide to go the natural route again, I won't transition...but chop it all off and start from scratch.

Peachtree

OMG
YOUR HAIR LOOKS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL
. I simply looove that thick braid with those curly ends.... sooo pretty

niva

Hi Sweetcocoa:

I love your hair. I am sure tex or natural. It will always be pretty. You have the know how!

I was natural for 2 years and relaxed aqain. I have been transitioning since November 2002. At this point I want to put a texturizer in my hair. Do you remember some of the girls added oil in their relaxer? I am thinking about puting oil in the relaxer. ( Motions mild) What do you think? Wish me luck!

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
OMG
YOUR HAIR LOOKS SOOOO BEAUTIFUL
. I simply looove that thick braid with those curly ends.... sooo pretty

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks Peachtree! I worked on(practiced) that braid all winter so I could wear it this summer when it was hot and humid

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Sweetcocoa:

I love your hair. I am sure tex or natural. It will always be pretty. You have the know how!

I was natural for 2 years and relaxed aqain. I have been transitioning since November 2002. At this point I want to put a texturizer in my hair. Do you remember some of the girls added oil in their relaxer? I am thinking about puting oil in the relaxer. ( Motions mild) What do you think? Wish me luck!

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks and good luck! I don't know about the oil thing...actually I forgot about trying that. My friend who helped me used to be a hairdresser. So I felt comfortable with it.

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't see the new pictures. Where are they?

[/ QUOTE ]
They are in my picturetrail account. Click on the link below...