Two Years of Transitioning

Ms Red

Today is my 2 yr. transitioning anniversary! :D But I feel like I could go another 2 years! :eek:

My hair is past shoulder length and I only have 1/2-1 inch of relaxed ends left...but I can't bring myself to chop! Anyone else ever feel like this?! I want long, BIG natural hair and since I know I don't look good with short (shrinkage!) hair, I figured, why not keep transitioning?

Am I crazy?? :p

cookie-monster.jpg

you know i had to do it! Congrats! i want to have at least 4 inches of new growth b4 i BC. You might not be ready yet. so maybe you might want to keep growing???

It might be even less than that! I was a 'Transitioning without the BC' girl but I guess I have no reason now.
OnAHairQuest said:
Its only an inch. Why not just cut it?

gee whiz cupcake, really, if it's only that much |_______| :D :lol:

i just did a huge hack job and i've still got a good 5-6 inches left so ya know i'm not doing any more cutting until the fall (maybe)

but you..........YOU!! girl you better just go on and go for it!

P.S. CONGRATS on making 2 whole years!!

Thank ya. LOL @ the diagram. When you put it like that... :lol:
LynnieB said:
gee whiz cupcake, really, if it's only that much |_______| :D :lol:

i just did a huge hack job and i've still got a good 5-6 inches left so ya know i'm not doing any more cutting until the fall (maybe)

but you..........YOU!! girl you better just go on and go for it!

P.S. CONGRATS on making 2 whole years!!

i feel for you... for me my hair was really short so my relaxer grew out basically in a month or two so i didnt do a dramtic bc i kinda just woke up one day and my hair was natural. I understand u on the big hair i want a big curly fro too and that shrinkage can be a B***H.NO one beside a couple of family members have seen my natural hair and i havent had a perm in years. im not transitioning but i keep my hair braided with extentions. I plan on doing this untill i can pull my natural hair into a pony with a scruncy and their be a pig puff coming from it that way i know i have at least one staple style. I mean u can still cut and go back into hiding but an inch on this board would give some of the ladies here a heart attack.:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

That's totally understandable, maybe you could just let it grow out instead of chopping/trimming it off. I know I'll have to break out my hair shears when I reach that point! :lol: Congrats girlie! ;)

Thanks Tyte_Curlz and Sweet Ambrosia :) My relaxed hair was shoulder length so now that I have past shoulder-length natural hair, I want to just keep growing until I'm APL unstretched! I love that I found LHCF!!!! :D

I know a lot of people who transitioned like you and just trimmed regularly...I think if it's been working for you so far and it doesn't bother you don't cut...it'll all come off at some point as you do your regular trims anyway...

Last week just marked my 2 year transitioning anniversary! My hair is shoulder length and I'm not ready to chop the relaxed ends off either. I know I will lose some of my length and I'm not ready to do that. At this point i'm transitioning indefinitely..lol I've only trimmed about 2 times since I started. I understand exactly how you feel!

:lol: @ "Let it go"

My regimen in really simple:

I poo once a week and co-wash 1-2 times a week
My staples are Suave Clarifying shampoo, Suave Coconut conditioner, ORS packs, Nexxus Humectress and Wild Growth Oil.

As soon as I've done the final rinse, while the hair is still wet/damp, I apply an ample amount of moisturizer, then use WGO to seal. I will either twist it or bun it.

Right now my hair shrinks up like crazy so I wear a bun, a "twist-out" bun or pony, and lately falls. When I wear I fall I baggy underneath.

Until my hair is at the desired length, I like to keep the styles minimum and I haven't used heat since 7/2005! :)

ETA: Here is a picture of my curly fall. A portion of my hair is left out in the front:

twistout.JPG

LiberianGirl said:
Awww...let it go;) :p Congrats on your long transition! What is your regime?

Last edited:
Congratulations!!! I feel the same way...transitioning indefinitely. With shrinkage it seems I could go another year or so.
bluebearfanatic said:
Last week just marked my 2 year transitioning anniversary! My hair is shoulder length and I'm not ready to chop the relaxed ends off either. I know I will lose some of my length and I'm not ready to do that. At this point i'm transitioning indefinitely..lol I've only trimmed about 2 times since I started. I understand exactly how you feel!

Thank you! Soon you'll be hitting the 6 month mark, then 1 year, then 2!! Time FLIES believe me. ;)
blue_flower said:
Congratulations! I can't wait to reach two years myself! :)

I say keep letting it grow. That's what I did too. I waited little over 2 and a half years to cut the ends off. If it's only 1.5 in, it's not a big deal, but if you had long hair already, I understand the idea of wanting to keep the look. I got my hair cut on long layers which helped me keep the length when she cut the perm off.
Good Luck in whatever you decide.

Back