Afroveda Cocolatte texture change??!

Lava27

Help me out with this one someone please?! I first used this product in February of 09. Before the pop tops, before the bottle change, and I think before it became the love of so many on this forum. Anyway, does anyone else who used this product back then (or earlier) notice a change in consistency. I used to live and die for my last jar of this stuff! It was very creamy, and my relaxed head just loved it. I recently ordered, and it's not the same :( I was in denial at first, but it's definitely greasier, and more of a butter like consistency, less smooth and cream like. I noticed that the ingredients had changed a bit (actually there is still that mystery oil complex in both), and I emailed Mala about the difference. I know she's busy and all, and needless to say I have not yet heard back from her in weeks.

I was actually trying to ask if after all the changes her line has undergone, there was any other product in the line that resembled the old Cocolatte mask...because I would buy it in a HEARTBEAT!:yep::yep: I don't care the name, or even ingredients really, but I have to find something from Afroveda like that again: o so moisturizing, and a thick yet creamy smooth texture. I love this company, and want to stick with this line! Can anyone stear me to anything like that in her current product line??? I'm thinking I may have to go for one of her conditioners (which can be used as leave ins it appears)...or is this just a bad batch that I got??

Finally a response! I have not yet....do you think it's creamier? I feel like my new jar is more whipped and solid, where the old one was light, but creamy and didn't have those little whipped wholes in the product...does that make any sense?? :ohwell:

Charz i noticed that too. my sample of shea amla had the perfect texture. very creamy and light and the smell was so beautiful lol. my big jar is thick like a butter and smells like baby powder. but someone said they emailed mala and she said there was no change in smell.

This will be my First time trying the Chocolatte and the Shea Amla so I will have no reference point to compare them with.:ohwell:

I Hope I enjoy them both.:grin:I've heard so many great things about them.

I am still kicking myself for not getting the Ashlii DC Also on BF:rolleyes:

I've purchased Cocolatte twice (the old twist jar and the newer pop-top) and I haven't noticed a difference in the consistency at all. The only thing that was SLIGHTLY different was the scent.

Now one product that did change for me was Hairveda's Sitrinillah Mask. My previous jar was from 2008 (back when she still offered it in 8 oz) and the consistency was VERY thick. The jar that I received from the Black Friday sale is definitely thinner. If it turn the jar from side to side, the conditioner slightly moves. You could sit the old jar upside down for a week straight and that stuff would stay put.

Back