Afro Detangler

Ladylynn

Has anyone tried the afro detangler from the grow afro hair long website? It sounds good but very pricey.

kristina

Save your money and buy a real detangler spray or conditioner. I have it and it was okay as a moisturizer but not really a detangler.

littleaudie

What's wrong with some good ole fashioned sta-sof-fro? did I spell that right? It's the best afro detangler I know and it's only $2.99.

Ladylynn

littleaudie said:
What's wrong with some good ole fashioned sta-sof-fro? did I spell that right? It's the best afro detangler I know and it's only $2.99.

I've used the s curl type before, but after a while it gets sticky if using it daily. Do you have that problem with sta-sof-soft?

littleaudie

No sticky problems with the sta-so-fro. I use every other day. My only problem is that sometimes I jheri curl myself to death and over spray. -That's just `cause I like it.

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
i just love how there was like three different spellings for this product mentioned in this thread...lol. cute.

FlyRob

I purchased it and have not seen great results with it. It's acceptable used as a leave in conditioner or moisturizer, but not as a detangler. I would not purchase it again.

Much2much41

I bought some for my niece, and it works EXTREMELY well on her hair. She had type 4a hair, VERY thick, has massive shrinkage and tangles, and has the AUDACITY to be tenderheaded :mad: !!! The other detanglers we tried (Just For Me, and other kiddie types), did nothing for her hair. I can't speak on other hair types, but for her, AfroDetangler is the TRUTH!!!

Last edited:

tallnomad

wow. there are so many mixed reviews of this product.
Much--my hair sounds like your niece's except i am not tenderheaded! :)

i want to try it because i hate combing through my hair and need something that will help. just not sure about paying this much for something that doesn't really work.

anyone else like it that has really thick, coarse hair?

thanks