• I tried it and hated it

Votes: 3 6.8%
  • I know someone who tried it and loved

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I know someone who tried it and hated it

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I never tried/heard of it

Votes: 21 47.7%
  • I use something that works great (please list if you select this option)

Votes: 2 4.5%

• Total voters

Finewine

Good Morning LAdies!

I am in the process of doing my first stretch and I'm trying to plan ahead for the NG. I saw a product on "growafrohairlong.com" called the Afro Detangler and I was wondering if any of you have reviews for it?

baby42

finewine83 said:
Good Morning LAdies!

I am in the process of doing my first stretch and I'm trying to plan ahead for the NG. I saw a product on "growafrohairlong.com" called the Afro Detangler and I was wondering if any of you have reviews for it?
i just got some it works like butter for me i am almost all natural but my ends still have a little prem left in them and i was getting bad knot and the only way to get them out was cut them:eek: but i also got some ors leave in liquid hair mayonnaise and i dont know if it because my hair not long or what but i use that to detangler and that work too but over all i like afro detangler some one told me i forgot who please forgive me:) to mix it with a little mane n tail con to make it last for what you pay i think i will try that

mscocoface

This is a main staple for me. I am 100% natural and anytime I wash my hair, have it in protective styles or anything else I use this on my whole head as well as the ends.

I have been using this for about two years and this is my second bottle of it.

I highly recommend it. If you consider how much in the 8-16oz bottles of cream or detangler you use versus this price it is economical especially for me because my hair needs a lot of product.

I do not like using half a bottle of anything and it is a one time use, I can't stand that so everything I buy I buy in bulk if I can afford it.

Finewine

Thanks Baby and msCoco! I know that my NG is going to act up pretty soon b/c i ususally get relaxers every 4 weeks, 5 max. I think i'll try this since it takes 1-2 weeks for shipping anyway. There's only 1 nay on the board so far.

hothair

I just started using this, I wasn't sure if the softer hair was from this or the wash and DC with Aveda DR, but when i put it on my dry hair i had no tangles and had just taken out micro cornrows HTH

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I can't vote!

I just wanted to say that I want to try Afro Detangler but never got around to purchasing it because of the size and price. I don't think I will need that much product and it's a lil pricey.... I don't know....

But anyway, I find that Infusium 23 Original Leave-in Treatment works GREAT for me. After washing my hair, I spray this leave-in on my hair, comb through, and either braid or rollerset it. No breakage!!!

Afrolinda

I use it and I love it. My hair is 4b and it's never been so soft. I can't believe it's my hair. Afro detangler is really good.

Gryphyn

I've never used Afro Detangler, but Just for Me kids detangler in the pink and purple spray bottle is the best detangler I've used.

Neish222

It was just ok for me. I have thick, coarse, texlaxed, 4a/b hair. The things that really helped my hair was finding a good DC (Redken All Soft) since the only day a really detangle my hair is wash day. Also CW has helped soften my new growth too. Have you've tried things like braid spray, scurl, etc on your new growth follow by oil?

northernbelle

I visited the website. Unless one is a hair stylist, or just likes to keep large quantities of hair product, it's ridiculous to sell a gallon bottle size as the only option.

hothair

Update: I used this it works great for me especially - but initially only worked when i followed the instructions closely...

msdeevee

I use this and I really like it. I think in the last year or so it has helped me to achieve APL natural hair....but I don't think I will buy it again.

I agree with poster that said it is too expensive and you should have other size options besides buying a gallon size.

When you use it you have to make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well to get the full effect that to me was a little difficult when the big bottle is new and full of product, easier now that it's almost gone.

I also use that along with Infusiom 23 & Surge hair revitalizer. When I come out my freshly washedhair I have very little breakage but I'm gonna see if I can have that same result by just using the I 23 & Surge before I seriously think of buying the AD again.

I'm by no means cheap and I'll spend if a prod is worth it but really I use Miss Jessies and this and my other prods , just too much money . It has to stop somewhere. :nono:

msdeevee

I use this and I really like it. I think in the last year or so it has helped me to achieve APL natural hair....but I don't think I will buy it again.

I agree with poster that said it is too expensive and you should have other size options besides buying a gallon size.

When you use it you have to make sure all of the ingredients are mixed well to get the full effect that to me was a little difficult when the big bottle is new and full of product, easier now that it's almost gone.

I also use that along with Infusiom 23 & Surge hair revitalizer. When I come out my freshly washedhair I have very little breakage but I'm gonna see if I can have that same result by just using the I 23 & Surge before I seriously think of buying the AD again.

I'm by no means cheap and I'll spend if a prod is worth it but really I use Miss Jessies and this and my other prods , just too much money . It has to stop somewhere. :nono: