AFRICA`S BEST: VS: ORGANIC ROOT STIMULATOR??

keiron

Aight just askin what do u guys prefare since both deal with organic products. i started off using the ORS things and they are good but some leave ur hair dry etc....but arfica`s best stuff is Great! i been using the tea tree/shea butter moisurizor and the carrot/tea tree oil as a hot oil to keep my dry scalp good and i like it but the ORS lock and twist gel rules

joyous

I prefer Africa's Best. I use their carrot oil, shea butter detangling moisturizer, carrot/tea tree and olive/ clove therapy.

ginger

I was really suprised that I liked their products so much. I thought they were a cheap knock-off of ORS, but everything I tried by them I liked.

1. utlimate herbal oil
2. leave-in liquid hair mayonnaise
3. hair mayonnaise ( I was really surprised by this because the ORS left my hair coated and dry, but this made my hair soft)
4. herbal tee-tree grow ( for new growth)

aikaa71

I really like the ultimate herbal oil, i use on my hair and body.

The leave in liquid mayo gives great slip on the hair

Wnt2bHealthy

I have never tried the ORS Hair Mayonnaise. I have only used Africa's Best. I don't like to switch too much with different stuff so I will just stick to what I have. I may try the shea butter thou.....

keiron

YES africa best is the best my hair is super soft after using some of the stuff i did last nite.........goodbye to ORS

BlkMane

I prefer Africa's Best products over Organic Root Stimulator.

Africa's Best products have better ingredients in my opinion. I've been tempted to try more of the ORS products but always end up putting the item back on the shelf after reading the ingredients. Many times they contain mineral oil, petroleum or 'cones ("cones" are ingredients used to give hair slip/smoothness). 'Cones (dimethicone, for example) dry my hair out so I try not to use products containing them too often.

I did purchase and tried the ORS Hair Mayo. I was less than impressed. Haven't used that stuff in several months.

I use:

Africa's Best Liquid Leave-in Hair Mayo
Africa's Best Herbal Tea-tree moisturizer (in the tub)
and I just purchased
Africa's best Tea Tree/Shea Butter Moisturizer (liquid) (similar consistency as the liquid hair mayo)

I'm definitely an Africa's Best fan.

hair

I thought Africa's Best & Organic Root Stimulator are the same thing. The reason I had said that beacuse I have a a platic jar said Organics by africa's best HAIR MAYONNAISE but not the word STIMULATOR. The jar has a green top. Is it the same thing. I'm not sure. Or I might use it wrong.
aikaa71 "you said that The leave in liquid mayo gives great slip on the hair. Is this a same mayo that in a jar.

I sure love Africa's Best non-lye relaxer!!!!!

inthepink

Hmm, I bought the Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise today simply because the price is cheaper than Organic Root Stimulator. (3.99 vs. 9.99) I'm happy to read that people have had better results with the Africa's Best brand.
Hair...they are not the same thing - two different brands but I "think" both have green tops...not sure though.

sweetdaises2000

Is the carrot oil as good and does it increase growth just as the ORS BranD DOES?The ingredients are the same so it should but im just asking...

soulchild

I've have both and I think I prefer the ORS but the Africa's Best is really inexpensive. Here are the ingredient listings for both.

Africa's Best
Water , Glycerin , Polyquaternium-32 , Mineral Oil , Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Lanolin Oil , Olive Oil , Dimethicone Copolyol , Laurate , Phenyl Trimethicone , Egg Protein , Carrot Oil , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Panthenol Vitamin B , Cholesterol , Tocopherol Vitamin E , Rosemary Extract , Nettle Extract , Horsetail Extract , Wild Marjoram , Cetyl Alcohol , Dmdm Hydantoin , Fragrance

Organic Root Stimulator
Purified Water , Glycerine , Polyquaternium-32 , Vitamin E , Behentrimonium Methosulfate , Cetearyl Alcohol , Cetyl Alcohol , Hydrolyzed Collagen , Dicetyldimonium Chloride , Olive Oil , Phenyl Trimethicone , Cholesterol , Vitamin B5 , Rosemary Essence , Lanolin Oil , Egg Oil , Dimethicone , Copolyol Isostearate , Hydrolyzed Keratin , Nettle , Capsicum Annum , Sodium Lauryl Sulfate , Dmdm Hydantoin

godzooki

soulchild what ingredients are those for? I read the post above yours and thought you meant the carrot oil but I have it and those are not the ingredients. is that the mayo or the olive oil? also whats the general concencious on africa's best carrot oil cream compared to ors carrot oil? I got it because it was cheaper also.

kroeskop

I love Africa's Best ...I applaud theshea butter & Tea tree moisturizer ( applied every morniing and night) for bringing my edges BACK....Phew the weave nearly killed my edges but Africa's BEST brought life back to these naps :) LOL

MrJohnsonsRib

I went to the military BX today and they had them Africa's Best on sale for $1.37 and they were buy one get one free on top of that. I also got a similar deal on some Doo Gro Mega Thick Growth Oil. I got 4 products for almost $4!! Anyway the deal seemed all the more tempting and beneficial since they both contain not petrolatum or mineral oil. I almost walked out of there with some It's A Black Thang Beeswax and Scurl gel, but I had to keep in mind if the ingredients were appropriate for my 4 type hair. I did a search for some reviews on them both. Thanks for your info in this thread.