Affirm Fiberguard users

T

Tee

How do you like the results from this relaxer compared to the regular Affirm lye relaxer?

cutebajangirl

In terms of what? My hair is definetly silkier with the Fiberguard lye than the Affirm lye. I can't really speak on anything else because I use mild in the fiberguard and regular in the affirm lye.

T

Tee

In terms of how your hair felt, how well it relaxed the hair, etc. You answered perfectly.

kitchen_tician

i found the fiberguard (mild) straightened fine but i had more shedding. this may be due to the fact that it is a no lye perm. i like the affirm lye better.

Haleni

I have used both formulas(lye) and I like the original better. The Fiberguard lasted only until the next wash. It was not underprocessed, just did work in my hair.

Shawn

[ QUOTE ]
cutebajangirl said:
Well I left this for Dudley's and as soon as I use up the Dudley's I am going back.

[/ QUOTE ]

On that note, I relaxed/texturized with Dudley's Super for 30 minutes about two weeks ago and, guess what, it's like I never touched up. Now, I know I'm a 4B, but "what up"? (I had been using Optimum Care, but switched a lye relaxer after reading Shamboosie last month.) "Lucy" has some "splainin" to do.

LiqueXX

I used the Fiberguard in regular and when I relax (leaving it in for 25 minutes) my hair is underprocessed. I don't want to use it in super/resistant so I will go back to the regular Affirm.

My hair is resistant but I was shocked that this relaxer did not work for me. It did leave my hair soft but I like my hair straight.

Also, I used the lye and the first couple of ingredients are mineral oil, petroleum and emulsifying wax, then the lye. This and the fact that I base my hair might have played a factor in the underprocessing.