Affirm as texturizer

hottopic

:perplexed O.K I was reading past post about using texturizer because I was thinking about switching. But I noticed that some people posted that they use Affirm to texturize. I thought Affirm was a relaxer not a texturizer. I am sooo confused..Someone please explain this to me. If Affirm is used as a texturize could someone use Cream of Nature for a texturizer as well????? :ohwell:

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Any relaxer can be used as a texturizer. Just limit the amount of time and/or decrease the strength. I use a relaxer. The texturizer products aren't strong enough for my resistant hair.

hottopic

Thank you for responding so quickly. So just put it on the new growths and as soon as you are finished covering the head don't wait just wash out.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
hottopic said:
Thank you for responding so quickly. So just put it on the new growths and as soon as you are finished covering the head don't wait just wash out.

That wouldn't work for me. It needs to stay in for 25-30 minutes. Everybody is different. :)

kitchen_tician

It just depends. Like Curly said, the amount of time and strength makes all the difference, as well as how you "work it". I would apply it and still work it with my fingers or the back of a comb SLIGHTLY, but that's for my hair. It just depends on your hair type and the effect that you want.

You may want to try it on a small patch of your hair to see the effects and to help determine the amount of time needed.

hottopic said: