ADMINISTERING MOISTURE TO WEAVE HELP!

TrustMeLove

My question is how do you administer the moisturizing product to the braids underneath the weave with out tangling. I have right now a mixture of distilled water, s-curl, and oil. But I don't know how to get it to the braid. Espcially since my weave is like bra length. But I also have braids too, where the real hair would be left out I decided to have it braided in singles w/ human hair. HELP PLEASE!. ANY TIPS WELCOMED.

-Faye

Why don't you get a coloring bottle from Sally's etc and put your mix in there and then stick the tip through the weave and put the mix on your braid.

I second Cutebajangirl's suggestion. And if you dare, wear Saran wrap or a plastic cap for the night (like I do) and treat your hair to a super moisture infusion.
wink.gif

wouldn't constant moisture on your scalp and the braided cornrows covered by the tracks cause fungus or mold? i've heard of this happening. please be careful. constant moisture causes problems.

Just a thought...
...would constant moisture with an essential oil in the mix help prevent fungus? Tea tree oil for instance is anti-fungal, so I wonder if using it might help.

Another thing to think about, perhaps your hair isn't as starved of moisture as one might think when under a weave. Well, at least not the way hair that is simply cornrowed or in single braid extensions would be. I'm guessing the attached/fake hair "protects" (shields) your own hair from the drying air so maybe Caralexis has a point that you don't need to go overboard with administering moisture.

Continuing along that line of thought...
I take it when you wash your hair, plenty of moisture is provided to your hair. And if you think of a tropical forest, the canopy of trees keep moisture from evaporating and so the little plants close to the ground are always well supplied with moisture. And this may explain how fungus winds up there. So I'm thinking that maybe instead of doing a simple ACV rinse at the end of your wash, but do an ACV/Essential Oil rinse like I do. That way, your scalp will get the benefits of that treatment and the EOs (if my theory is right) will help keep fungus away. Before your hair completely dries, you can apply jojoba oil using that applicator bottle Cutebajangirl recommended. You probably can get away with not moisturizing your hair daily when wearing a weave(remember the canopy).

Disclaimer: I am not a weave expert so I'm just using logic here. But I'll also share this: I have gone two years without using a leave-in moisturizer/conditioner... Just washing my hair more often, esp when it felt dry, conditioning, period. I was in braids then which means my hair wasn't "protected from the air" like yours is. Yet my hair made the biggest strides ever with that regimen. I tell you this account, not to suggest you don't use a leave-in, but to simply underline the fact that with the "canopy" and your applying an oil/EO/water mixture on your scalp sparingly (or even just once a week), your hair may not do as badly as some may think.
wink.gif

Back