Acai Berry juice for hair growth

kriolagirl

I just got a free 2 week supply of acai tablets...i was going to order more in the pill form but after reading this thread i will def try the juice

Hey fellow brooklynite. I was thinking about joining the Food Coop. How do you like it? Do you get all of your shopping done there? Or do you have to dip on over to Pathmart for stuff too? Let me know how you like it.

I get mine frozen from the Park Slope Food Coop. I don't know any Indian stores though. I go to Jackson Heights or Manhattan for my supplies.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

Acai is very healthy for hair growth, not to mention skin and nails as well. I actually market a product that contains Acai, as well as Cupuacu & Yerba Mate'; 3 of the 5 superfood recently featured on the Today show. one thing I really like about it though it the Yerba Mate' actually turns your grays back....great bonus cuz I tried Henna once, never again:nono::grin: I have a link in my siggy for a sample if you want to try some:yep:

Thanks. I used to drink Yerba Mate' all the time...got it from the Latino store. It's cheap. I think it's the same thing in Brazil called mate (pron. "motchee"). I know it's seriously good for you. Will get some more soon. I am just now getting that darned henna off my tresses. I hated it! For most people, it works wonders.

I also take acai supplements from Vitacost that I'm taking along with a detoxifier for weightloss by Sonne. It's bentonite clay suspension. Acai makes you go alot.

adw425

I tried really hard to like yerbe mate as it is so good for you. They had about 15 different varieties in the Whole Foods and I picked one that said it was smoked or not smoked or something like that...I am going back today to pick a different one to add to my juice when I make it Sunday. My acai super juice has my metabolism so high, I had to cut back to working out 50 minutes a day MWF instead of Monday through Friday.

GV-NA-GI-TLV-GE-I

I tried really hard to like yerbe mate as it is so good for you. They had about 15 different varieties in the Whole Foods and I picked one that said it was smoked or not smoked or something like that...I am going back today to pick a different one to add to my juice when I make it Sunday. My acai super juice has my metabolism so high, I had to cut back to working out 50 minutes a day MWF instead of Monday through Friday.

But I'm wondering if it's the one that tastes slightly of tea that you can put sugar with. Argentinians drink it through a metal straw from a gourd? Same thing? The taste is not the best but you get used to it. I was this way with green tea. Now I can drink it all day long. And acai increased your metabolism that much? Were you very hungry often?

adw425

I am not hungry at all. I have to remember to eat. However, my juice is so nutrient-dense that if I don't eat three square meals a day, I don't get light-headed or headachy like I would in the past if I didn't consume enough calories during the day. I do eat two well-balanced meals a day -- lunch and dinner. I have no taste for sweets, but my colleague just gave me a homemade cinnamon bun and it was delicious, but I do not seek out sweets anymore because I don't have a taste for them any longer.