?? about ISO Bouncy Creme

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
What is ISO Bouncy Creme? A blow drying lotion, a wrap/setting creme or a leave-in conditioner/curl enhancer?

Thanks in advance!

It's a curl defining(texturizing) lotion. I have this and use this sometimes when I don't want to re-wet my entire head of hair. I mist with distilled then scrunch with this. A co-worker of mine uses this on her relaxed hair to get waves. She noticed the more she did this(not wearing her hair straight for a while) the curlier her hair got when she air-dryed).

Hi Sassygirl, I use Bouncy Creme about 4 times a week. I use it for curl definition. I am taking a break from blow dryers and flat irons. I wash and condition my hair, I spray my hair with UBH Dew, then I put a generous amount of Bouncy Creme on my hair, scrunch and use blow dryer with a diffuser. Since I do not have naturally curly hair the Bouncy creme gives me true curly looking hair. My hair is soft, shiny with a lot of body. I would not trade UBH Dew and Bouncy Creme not anything. These products help keep my hair looking beautiful if I must say so myself.

Hi, Sassygirl...

I used to use ISO Bouncy Cream when I was natural. It is a curl enhancer. It is very similar to Salon Selectives Loosely Defined (now discountinued). If you've ever used SSLD, that should give you an idea of Bouncy Cream.

In fact, I ended up replacing ISO BC with SSLD because SSLD was sooo much cheaper and seemed to work better.

The effect of the product in my 3b/3C type hair: softness, smoothness, less frizzies, more curl definition and shine.

ISO BC had a slightly stickier feel in my hair than the SSLD. Even when the product was fully dried in my hair, I could always sort of "feel" product in my hair (if you know what I mean) whereas SSLD dried and felt like "nothing."

Thanks ladies! I saw both Bouncy Creme and Loosely Defined at Big Lots. I had heard of SSLD, but wasn't sure what Bouncey Creme was--the description and directions aren't very clear.
I bought them both anyway. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hello, I am new to this board and I was interested in the question regarding ISO Bouncy Creme. I use Bouncy Creme several times a week for curl definition, and love the way it works in my hair. However, I read where you used SSLD but it is now discontinued. Is there another product that works as well as SSLD and Bouncy Creme that gives curl definition. Although I love Bouncy Creme, I noticed in the ingredients that it has hydrolyzed wheat protein and soy protein. I have learned that too much protein causes hair breakage and wondered if this could be contributing to my breakage/shedding.

At this time I choose not to use heat on my hair and prefer only wearing the style that makes my hair curly. So if you are aware of any products that help with the curl pattern and leaves the hair, shiny, bouncy and healthy, would you please let me know. I believe we have the same hair type so you should khow the results I want to achieve.

Have a great day! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Is your hair natural or relaxed?

Black N' Sassy Creamy Set works wonderfully on my hair to enhance curls and dries soft...as long as you don't use too much!

There is a product I saw at the drugstore by Suave that comes in the same type of bottle as the SSLD (but the Suave bottle is blue), that seems to have similar ingredients to SSLD. Try that. It's like $1.99.

Also, you might want to check your local dollar store for SSLD, some people have found it at a store called Big Lots.

Other than the B N' Sassy Creamy Set, I can't think of anything else that gives good FRIZZ-FREE curls.

Anyone else?

WARNING: Oh, that John Frieda RELAX curl enhancer spray gave me an afro!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
There is a product I saw at the drugstore by Suave that comes in the same type of bottle as the SSLD (but the Suave bottle is blue), that seems to have similar ingredients to SSLD. Try that. It's like $1.99.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've seen the product you're talking about. I don't know what it was called before, but Suave bought Rave and now it's Rave Texture Creme. I've been contemplating a purchase... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

o_2x_tc.jpg

Is this it?

That's the one!! In fact, just between you and me, I opened a bottle once in the store and "tested" the feel of the product between my fingers. It was also white (like SSLD) and had about the same consistency.

Let me know how it does in you hair if you try it!

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
BlkMane said:
Let me know how it does in you hair if you try it!

[/ QUOTE ]
Ditto, I like Bouncy Creme, but it is expensive. If you like it I may have to try this also.

Blk Mane,
Hi and thank you so much for the information regarding Salon Selectives Loosely Defined. I found it at the 99 cents store, however, it says "New" on the bottle. I noticed you said it was white, and what I have is kinda pink/lilac in color. It's by Helene Curtis and it says that it is a styling creme that adds texture and definition. Let me know if this is it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif I love reading about the different problems and solutions that are posted here. I am also very grateful for your getting right back to me with this information. Thanks again, and I'll let you know how the SSLD works for me. There is a website lited at www.helenecurtis.com so I'll check it out and we what's what. Again, thank you so much
Have a great, great day! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

I forgot to mention..

My hair is relaxed.
My hair type could be 3a, or 3b, I'm not really sure based on the descriptions.
From the crown my hair is 16 inches long.
The sides are 13 inches long.
My hair is approximately 2 inches away from my bra strap in the back.
My realistic goal length is hair that reaches my elbow. /images/graemlins/smile.gif it could happen!
My unrealistic goal length is waste length /images/graemlins/laugh.gif it could happen.

RE: SSLD vs Bouncy Creme

Hello /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I agree that Bouncy Creme is expensive, however, I read, I believe from Sassygirl that she saw Bouncy Creme and SSLD at Big Lots. I have found the SSLD at the 99 cents store, I am going to Big Lots today to see if Bouncy Creme is there. I buy Bouncy Creme at a beauty supply store near my home and it cost $17.99 on sale, the regular price is $21.99. If I see it at Big Lots I will let you know ASAP. I still have concerns about Bouncy Creme because it has wheat and soy protein and I wanted to know if this could be damaging because I wash my hair and use it up to 3-4 days a week because i work out and sweat in my hair a lot. If anyone has information about the wheat and soy protein in B.C. let me know so that I can determine whether to stop using it or not.

Thanks all, have a wonderful weekend! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I saw the Rave Texture Creme at Kroger for $1.89. The second ingredient is petrolatum. /images/graemlins/frown.gif But I tested it on my fingers and it felt smooth, not greasy. And it was absorbed rather quickly. It was cheap so I bought it anyway...
I'm going to try it on my hair ends when I wear my phonytail.

Re: I forgot to mention..

Your realistic and unrealistic goal on me are pretty much the same my elbows are like 3 or 4 inches from my waist, but hey I have long arms and legs! I think you can make both goals! /images/graemlins/smile.gif How tall are you?

Re: RE: SSLD vs Bouncy Creme

Hi, Giannie! Glad you found SSLD. Wish I could find some for 99 cents!

Yes, that is the correct one. It comes in a purple bottle with a black top.
It is by Helene Curtis. I thought the actual cream was white, though.
(But I haven't used it in so long cause it's been discountinued so I may have
been lilac.)

Anyway, one of the ingredients is Rosemary extract. Do you see that on the bottle?

If your hair gets hard from protein, maybe using the ISO Bouncy Cream all the time isn't a
good thing.

What size Bouncy Cream are you buying for $17.99?! I used to buy a bottle that was a little
larger than the SSLD cream for no more than $10.00. Are you talking about a large size?

Back