:::A Smooth Set:::

AnjelLuvs

OK ladies I set my hair this weekend after doing a perm, and it came out mega puffy. I dont know if it is because I underprocessed my hair or what I want to put in another perm, but that is crazy what are some idea that I can do with my hair till I perm next time, besides: wet pony bun. braidouts, twist outs.

Allandra

You could also try going to a Dominican salon for a roller set. I am sure they will get it nice and smooth for you.

AnjelLuvs

right right, but I dont have the resources for that. I have to do the sets myself, plus I am in the middle of no where, so I wouldhave to travel a lil distance for that. I just dont want to perm my hair again

Jaquai

did you allow your hair to dry completely before removing rollers? also try just wrapping it and sitting under dryer(or airdry). im natural now but when i was relaxed the wrapping technique got my hair really smooth and silky.

nmfsc

What size rollers are you using? Make sure you use a rat tail come to smoothe out each section of the hair before rolling it while wet. Also, use some type of oil ( hot 6 oil is popular on this board) I use Keracare essentials,on the hair while wet, this helps to give a nice silky shine. Thirdly, make sure you keep re-wetting with a water spray bottle on your ends because they will start to dry before you complete your entire head. If you have the time, air dry. If not, sit under the dryer for however long it takes to dry your hair. Comb it down after it is completely dry, then wrap it, add a dab of oil around the wrap with your hands. Comb down the wrap and I promise you if will fall nicely with some body to it.

AnjelLuvs

I think this is my major problem. Maybe by statin that it is puffy. I mean that it doesnt lay right. It is not bouncy it is sort of stiff no SWANG to it like "Andre 3000 in his new video" SWANG

I was thinkin that next time I would do a wrap dry, but I left my curlers at home [I am in school] so all I can do is roll and sit under a dryer

TsAngel

Did you use a setting lotion/creme? That could cause some stiffness. Also, make sure not to put too much hair in your roller. Make your parts thin.

HTH

Isis

When the search option on this board is working again, you can do a search on hair how-to's. Lots of info on roller sets, wraps, etc.

AnjelLuvs

yeh I did use a setting lotion, but I see the beauticians using it and it comes out good, maybe next time I will opt out with that and just use some leave in conditioner and some oil