A side of HEAT with your PROTEIN????

Diva_Esq

:hiya: Ladies,

Does anyone sit under the dryer with their protein treatments? Body heat only? Heating cap? :look: Overnight? If so, what is the difference in the results versus without heat?

Or do you skip the heat and just rinse it out immediately?

Do tell! I know a lot of people deep condition with a moisturizing conditioner with heat so the cuticle will open and absorb the moisture. Do people do that with protein too?

Forgive me if that's a stupid question... :ohwell:

TIA!

Bettina

That is certainly not a stupid question! I thought that was how protein could really get in--(with heat) Because my hair is fine it really loves protein---I sit under the dryer with reconstructors for 30 min or more --- I have slept with Henna in my hair overnight (no ill effect for me) I have never gotten breakage relaxed or natural by using protein with heat --- in fact that was how I was able to stretch/transition for 7 1/2 months! hope this helps :)

Barbie83

i do this all the time with aphogee 2 minute. I sit under the dryer (no cap) for about 30 minutes. works great!

Nonie

:hiya: Ladies,

Does anyone sit under the dryer with their protein treatments? Body heat only? Heating cap? :look: Overnight? If so, what is the difference in the results versus without heat?

I've done all of the above except overnight with Emergencee. Can't tell you what difference I get, since I'm usually in braids or twists, but since the instructions do say "with or without heat", my guess is the product works well either way.

Which method I use just depends on whether I have time to sit put under a dryer or if I need to be doing something else (eg chores around the house) while a plastic cap and body heat do the work on my hair.

Diva_Esq

Ok, thanks ladies. Didn't know if people did heat with protein or not. I did Giovanni Protein last night and was scared to sit under the dryer, so I just used body heat. I'll try it.

sqzbly1908

Girl you will be fine...I use heat ALL the time with my protein conditioners...I have done it all with no ill effects...i.e. overnight, body heat, heating cap, hair dryer

Let me take that back...Haven't tried it with a steam treatment - but I will when I get my steamer.

I find that my hair is more receptive to using with heat more often than not...

Also if my fine strands can handle it I know your beautifully thick mane can..."Don't be scurred"...(lol)

Vintageglam

Great thread OP ... I have also wondered about this.

Also just to add - do any of you ladies "mix" your protein and "moisture" Deep condish and then DC with heat that way. Just asking bc this is the way I have always done it to cut down time.

I just feel my hair and adjust the protein/ moisture of the mixture according to what i feel my hair needs; i.e. mushy = more protein and dry and stringy = more moisture?

TIA Ladies ...:grin:

sqzbly1908

Also just to add - do any of you ladies "mix" your protein and "moisture" Deep condish and then DC with heat that way. Just asking bc this is the way I have always done it to cut down time.

I just feel my hair and adjust the protein/ moisture of the mixture according to what i feel my hair needs; i.e. mushy = more protein and dry and stringy = more moisture?

Hi Friend...I do this...especially when I am short on time -

Diva_Esq

Good question!

darlingdiva

Protein treatments are the ONLY kind that I do with heat.

I find that my hair reacts better when I do them with heat. It just behaves better.

I use Aphogee 2-min. + avocado oil under my heating cap.

AtlantaJJ

This is an excellent question. I had this ? yesterday and decided to do a protein treatment with Megatek with heat followed by moisture w/ heat. It worked out fine for me.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Yes, I use Heat.:grin:

I will either Steam in a Protein DC in or Use My Heat Cap. But, I always use Heat for All by DC Treatments.

I follow up with Moisture as well. e.g. If I Steam 30 minutes w/a Protein DC, I'll Steam 30 minutes or so with a Moisturizing DC.

Same with Heat Cap. I always follow up my Protein Treatments with a Moisturizing Treatment.

*i do not use heat when just applying a 5,10, minute reconstructor tho'*