A question for naturals who rollerset.....

EMJazzy

Happily retired
How do you keep your ends moisturized without it reverting/shrinking? :confused: I'm used to keeping my hair very moisturized when it's in twists/buns etc., but it dawned on me that I won't be able to do that and maintain the "rollerset look" kwim?

Pam Pam

Let me know, Jazzy. I know that my hair would always tangle whenever I got rollersets...either relaxed or natural.

I can't wait to see it.

And, how do I get to your fotki??? I'm about to start one for me and Z as well. I just bought me a new camera so I'll be able to take pics.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Pam look in my profile....my fotki and pw is in there. ;)

I have rolled my hair and I'm sitting under the dryer as we speak.

Gryphyn

You could put oil on your ends instead of a moisturizer. Coconut oil and castor oil are both good.

Pam Pam

I checked out your fotki. One thing, how do you leave comments? I am so out of it....

I see such wonderful progress. You make me almost want to try the 2 strand twists.:lol:

cocomama

I agree with Kiwi, coconut oil is a good moisturizer:) I also have some roller set pics in my fotki.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
Thank you for the suggestion Kiwi!! :up: I'm very nervous as this is my first rollerset on natural hair....I'm going to put the pics in my fotki sometime tomorrow.

Pam I didn't set up my fotki for comments :look:

Cocomama I'm going to check out your fotki. :)

EMJazzy

Happily retired
cocomama said:
I agree with Kiwi, coconut oil is a good moisturizer:) I also have some roller set pics in my fotki.

As soon as I opened your fotki I said to myself "I remember her pics!!" You were one of the reasons I wanted to try the rollerset....there is another natural who rollerset as well, the same lady did a strawset that turned out nice...I can't think of her username :blush:

I hope my rollerset turns out as nice as the 2 of you! :look:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
I did it I did it!!! :yay: My very first rollerset!!! :D Ladies go look in my fotki and please let me know what you think!!!!

zzirvingj

EMJazzy said:
I did it I did it!!! :yay: My very first rollerset!!! :D Ladies go look in my fotki and please let me know what you think!!!!

You did a really good job :D

Also, how DID you get your hair to grow in so nicely in that problem spot you had? That is major progress girl. Good job!

Did you end up using the coconut oil?

So is coconut oil good for moisturizing??? I am asking cuz I thought oils were not moisturizers ...?:confused:

EMJazzy

Happily retired
zzirvingj said:
You did a really good job :D

Also, how DID you get your hair to grow in so nicely in that problem spot you had? That is major progress girl. Good job!

Did you end up using the coconut oil?

So is coconut oil good for moisturizing??? I am asking cuz I thought oils were not moisturizers ...?:confused:

Thank you! :D

I don't have any coconut oil in the house so I used used Qhemet Sidr Tree Butter Balm. I'm going to test the other products I have in the house to see which one does the better job on the rollerset....ie: Amla and Olive Heavy Cream, Curls Whipped Cream and Blended Beauty Curl Styling Butter.

On that spot I consistently use MTG and castor oil everyday!