A natural 4b girl's hair update - 2 years post-relaxer!

bellecheveux

First, going natural was one of the best decisions I've made so far. I'm constantly playing with my hair, which I know is bad but I can't help it! Anyway, a thread is useless without pictures soooo here they are:
This is me three months after I big chopped back in April 2009. There was still a few relaxed ends. My hair was dry and felt like nothing would get it moisturized. :nono:
This is my hair now. The front is chin length and the back is APL. Two years worth of growth! :grin:
And this is one of the styles I wear from time to time. I usually rock a puff or frohawk.​

Attachments

• 1stmonth.jpg
    1stmonth.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 287
  • september242010.jpg
    september242010.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 92310.jpg
    92310.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 303

Nonie

Awesome progress, and your hair looks so thick and full and healthy. LOVE LOVE LOVE :love: Keep up whatever you're doing. :up:

ceecy29

Great progress!!! I love the style in the third pic. What moisturizer do you use when you do that style (or in general)?

bellecheveux

Great progress!!! I love the style in the third pic. What moisturizer do you use when you do that style (or in general)?

The night before I do that style, I co-wash and add Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade to my hair while it's soaking wet. I twist my hair in 12 twists and clip them down. The next day, I take down the twists and style.

The burnt sugar pomade is AMAAAZING for adding weight.

ceecy29

The night before I do that style, I co-wash and add Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade to my hair while it's soaking wet. I twist my hair in 12 twists and clip them down. The next day, I take down the twists and style.

The burnt sugar pomade is AMAAAZING for adding weight.

Oh thanks!!! I'm shopping for a moisturizer and it's between Oyin products and Qhem. biologics for my 4b hair. I appreciate your review.

Back on topic, you're doing a great job with your hair!

hair4romheaven

Your hair is beautiful. Please post ur regi & products. I'm a 4b & looking for more ideas, products and of course length. ;)
Once again ur hair is beautiful keep up the good work!

bellecheveux

Your hair is beautiful. Please post ur regi & products. I'm a 4b & looking for more ideas, products and of course length. ;)
Once again ur hair is beautiful keep up the good work!

My Current Regimen:
1-2x a week: Co-wash with Suave Humectant or Kinky-Curly Knot Today and detangle.

1x a week: Oil my hair with Skin Delicious Body So Fine "My Mojo" Oil. Shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo, condition with Knot Today, detangle, and deep condition with KeraCare Humecto or Organic Root Stimulator Replenishing.

Daily: Moisturize with glycerin & water or just plain distilled water. Apply a little Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade to my hair to help weigh it down.

iri9109

great progress! i cant wait to see where i'll be @ 2yrs post...its been almost a year 4 me...time flies so fast as a natural lol

AfroKink

great hair! My hair is about the same length. I had a mullet going on so I've been trimming the nape more than the rest.