A HairStyle by DevaChan

Ogoma

That was a mess LOL.

But sometimes you only go to certain salons for a cut or trim, not their styling techniques. Just gotta accept that fact in advance. However I had a Deva cut in DC by a stylist who's familiar with our hair. She gave me a banging twistout. It helped that she was a sista too I might add...

A lot of stylists at the more multicultural salons cannot style type 4 hair. That happened to me at Aveda salons. I just fluffed my hair after I left and kept it moving cause my trim and color was cute.

ETA: I'm okay with that b/c I'm rarely at the salon for a styling session per say. I'm there for the trim and color...

I agree. I got a great cut with a Devacut-trained stylist, but her styling wasn't on point. She got the most important thing right as I can style my own hair just fine, but cannot shape up my own hair.

beauti

OK, OK...and I'm not just saying this because I did my BC at Devachan (OK, maybe I am) but was it a great "style" no, but her hair looked a far sight healthier and more hydrated that when she came in. It was WAY worse when she sat down, so I'll just have to agree to disagree with folk. Her curls looked more defined to me, too. I saw this comment on YT:

They gave her runway hair. It would be fine at a fashion show catwalk but it's not for walking around.

and I think I *might* agree...welll....I dunno. I have a hard time getting good pics of my hair, so maybe the camera work/angle doesn't do it justice???

i beg to differ. her hair was WAY worse when she got up than it was when she sat down. as far as being more hydrated, thats not the issue here cause she could've achieved that at home with a DC treatment.i'm sure she purposefully didnt do alladat because she knew it was getting done at the salon. that mess that stylist did to that poor girl is unjustifiable and then to have to pay for that ish?? :nono:

quote:
lol, she looks like the villain from the incredibles. :rofl:

Cherokee-n-Black

i beg to differ. her hair was WAY worse when she got up than it was when she sat down. as far as being more hydrated, thats not the issue here cause she could've achieved that at home with a DC treatment.i'm sure she purposefully didnt do alladat because she knew it was getting done at the salon. that mess that stylist did to that poor girl is unjustifiable and then to have to pay for that ish?? :nono:

quote:
lol, she looks like the villain from the incredibles. :rofl:

I'm pretty sure she didn't have to pay regardless. She was their "model," right? I'm too new to the game to know what you can and can't do at home, so I'll just back out slowly LOL. But I've seen worse...::runs out and closes door behind me::

empressri

Yeah when they ask you to model for them USUALLY you don't have to pay.

I'm not gonna lie...I've been asked to do a video like such and declined, I'm scared enough and don't trust folks with my hair as it is.

Her hair looks like a neater version of Jesse Boykins.

:rolleyes:

My Friend

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Get. My. Belt.