A Hair Snob's Cheapie Discovery

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
If you like to use a wax stick to lay down your edges after a nice press without reversion, I highly reccommend Keracare Wax stick:

http://www.amazon.com/Avlon-Kera-Care-Styling-Stick/dp/B000NNG936

But if you want to use a wax that is equally effective for about 1/4 of the price, I highly reccommend Pantene Sculpting Wax:

http://www.pantene.com/en-US/product/texture_sculptingwax.jspx

I was really impressed when I had a friend use this on me after getting my hair pressed. I actually love the Keracare Wax Stick, but the Pantene is really a great alternative that is not too greasy and thick. Best of all, your hair stays soft and will not revert from using it. Another plus is that it comes in a little jar, allowing you to manipulate the product to your liking instead of dealing with the friction of a stick. It gets a thumbs up :up:.

ladytee2

I have never used a wax stick before. Just curious. I know you said to put on your edges but does it make your hair stringy and weighed down the next day? Does it leave build up?

Honey Bee

Re: wax sticks leaving build-up

It's a legitimate concern, one that I had as well, but when I ordered my Wen, their wax stick came with the package so I tried it on my new growth, and it was the bomb. No build-up on my fine 4 a/b strands, mainly because I only used it on the very edges, ie, my 'baby hair'*. Now, I generally don't mess with Pantene like that, so I can't speak on this particular product.

(* I just :barf: a little in my mouth typing that, but that's the only way I can describe it :lachen:)

Tee

I have never used a wax stick before. Just curious. I know you said to put on your edges but does it make your hair stringy and weighed down the next day? Does it leave build up?

co-signing.
No, it doesn't leave build up for me.
No, it didn't leave my hair stringy or weighed down. (used it only on my edges.)

*I have used the one at Sally's in the gray tube.*

Tee

I'm over here to LM. What brand wax stick did you get from Sally's?
Hi Yodie. The one I used was by Beyond The Zone Stiff Head.

yodie

Thanks, Tee.

You ladies really do know it all. How is it that all of these great products have escaped me all these years? Lol!

Do you use this on your edges, nape? Actually lays the hair down?

Lucky's Mom

Thanks, Tee.

You ladies really do know it all. How is it that all of these great products have escaped me all these years? Lol!

YEP - that is the one!!!!

Pokahontas uses this one. It is not pricey - Castor oil base.... it works!

Tee

Thanks, Tee.

Just the edges when I was using it. Yes, it really did hold my edges down.:yep:

Browndilocks...sorry to go O.T.

alanaj

I'm in an area/ country where I find it hard to find or pay the price for black products right now. I need something for my edges so I'm gonna look for this. Plus knowing that its pantene I might not have to deal with the language barrier issues
Thanks!

WantNatural

I've used the Garnier Fructis wax which is good but doesn't quite hold up for my edges...may have to try this one from Sallys. Gel does not work for my edges at all.

This is my edges vs.gel: :hammer::hammer::hammer:

Browndilocks

You use the product in moderation but it does not leave a sticky build up. Many waxes have improved in the same fashion that many flat irons have improved. :yep:

Browndilocks

I'm in an area/ country where I find it hard to find or pay the price for black products right now. I need something for my edges so I'm gonna look for this. Plus knowing that its pantene I might not have to deal with the language barrier issues
Thanks!

I know that you can purchase the Pantene wax at walgreens and drug stores along that line.