a Dominican stylist that communicates? Help!

mirrormirror

Hi girls
I really prefer to get my hair done by a Dominican stylist. I sometimes go to a Dominican salon- Luisa's in Silver Spring. And I always feel rushed when Im there. I am trying hard to avoid that place.

But they do not listen to a word I say, the only word that comes out their mouth is: o.k mamii. I feel like they are not really into what I want and concerns for my hair.

For example, I told her to use another shampoo on my hair and not use Joico shampoo cause I hate it, and she said o.k mamii, but did she listen, nope not at all.

She used Joico shampoo, I recognized the smell. I was so upset about that. Another time I wanted a deep condiion under the dryer, and she said o.k mamii, but did she put me under the dryer, nope not at all. Instead she put in a liquid that came in a capsule in my hair, and said that it was a deep conditioner.

Another time I practically had to beg her to put in Salerm 21 leave in conditioner, and she acted like she didnt want to put it in my hair.

Does anyone recommend a Dominican stylist (Maryland only) that listens? I really just want a stylist that I can communicate with, communication is my main concern. Please help.

PapillionRouge

Is it possible that its not communication skills their lacking, but English skills?

Sometimes these people don't even know how to speak English. Most domincan salons usually only specialze in blow-outs, doobies, roller sets, and perms, nothing else. So maybe they figure all who come in just wanted any of these 3 or so procedures done. Which doesnt need much communicating beacuse of the fact they dont do fancy complicated styles which may require so.
So maybe u have to first find a dominican salon that is more fluent in English and THEN communication skills.
Either that or learn espanol...

HTH

mirrormirror

Oh....I never though that it maybe lack of English skills, they seem to know enough to me. I just think they dont really care to listen to you either way. I only get rollersets when I go there.