A Dominican Product Review

janeemat

I've shared with you ladies that I'm experimenting with lot's of Dom products the past several weeks. I'm been trying not to mix them so that I can really tell what works and what not. For my normal Wed wash I used Nacidit Wheat Germ Poo. It did not lather at all which is okay with me. I guess that means it does not have a lot harsh sulfates in it. I did do a second poo for the record and it lathered a little. I followed it with Nacidit Wheat Germ Rinse. This is heavenly. It really melts the hairs. Then I decided to do a deep cond using only Miss Key Germen de Trigo (Wheat Germ Cond). I applied it generously and sat under the dryer for 20 min. I proceeded to rinse it out and comb through my hair under the water as I usually do. Well, this time it was not working. My hair was tangled and lacked all of the softness I usually get after a deep cond. I am only 7 1/2 wks post. I tried very gently a little more and realized I needed something else. The wheat germ cond was not it. So, I hop out the shower and crab my beloved Silicon Mix. Smoothed it on my hair for about 3 minutes and BAM! Tangles melted and away and my normal slip was back. For leave ins I used Lacio Lacio and an Dom OLive Oil leave in. I sprayed Aveda Curessence and then a little Mizani Therma Strength Serum. I proceeded to rollerset on the purple magnetic rollers. I sat under my dryer for 50 min but decided to leave the rollers in overnight (pain). This morning when I took my rollers out, I had the lots of body, bounce and real nice shine without adding anything to my hair. I did proceed and added my Fredericka Fekkai glossing cream on the ends for moisture and just fingered it. My conclusion is the German de Trio (Wheat Germ) Cond does not detangle and add slip, but it does give a nice shine.

sizefouramour

I just tried the olive oil Nacidit shampoo & conditioner and my hair is softer than ever. I noticed that when I went to rinse out the conditioner, my hair felt immensely sleek and smooth.