6 month update w/ PICs

DarkandLovely

This is my 6 month update. I was very pleased w/ my progress. I am truely amazed at the length and health of my hair. I never thought my hair would be this length before but now it doesn't even seem that long to me--I guess I'm developing some hair anorexia. Anyways on to the pics.

[click on pics to make them bigger]

At the end of my 1st yr I reached my goal of APL but I trimmed off some of my overprocessed ends bringing me back to full SL but I didn't blink an eye in doing so b/c I saw that I could actually make it there, so I knew I'd make it there again. So, this first pic is my start pic after my 1st yr on the HHJ.

The 2nd is after my relaxer following my 24 wk stretch...these are not nearly as bad anymore as it was the first time around. The only bad part is the desire to see what progress you've made.

The last pic is following a trim to even things out.

BSL here I come!!!

Last edited:

DarkandLovely

Wow Toy, I just love your hair. How do you keep it so pretty in all this dry heat in AZ?

Trust me it doesn't look like that all of the time. I do alot of protective styles...

Nice progress!! what did you use to protect your ends?

I pretty much keep them up off of my shoulders/back via ponytail +/- ends tucked under, buns, clamped up, and if I have the time straw set, spiral set, roller set which may get clamped up in a banana clip after day 2. I also try to minimize flat ironing to 1-2 times a month and I baggy pretty regularly.

trendsetta25

Great progess! Do u have pics of ur protective styles? Can you tell us (I really mean me...lol) your full regi????? I'm really trying to get 2 inches of growth by the end of aug for a big event I have to attend.

TIA

DarkandLovely

Great progess! Do u have pics of ur protective styles? Can you tell us (I really mean me...lol) your full regi????? I'm really trying to get 2 inches of growth by the end of aug for a big event I have to attend.

TIA

Thanks...yes my pics and full reggi are all in my fotki

Last edited: