5 month stretch results! w/pics

Soul♥Flower

I had planned to stretch to six months, but my roots are thicky thick and my ends are splitty split. For some reason this stretch has been murder on my ends. Oh well, I'll try for six months next time.
Anyway, I'm about to go relax my hair now, I'll be back with pics.

:scratchch I wonder how much length I retained.....wish me luck!

Soul♥Flower

amr501 said:
Can't wait to see pics! What relaxer are you using?

I'm using the last bit of my Silk Elements mild lye relaxer and Creme of Nature mild lye relaxer, the no-base formula. I'm going to use Protective Mousse to neutralize. Love that stuff!

MzOptimistic

I'll be waiting to see those pictures too:p I love to see progress pics when someone have stretched for months at a time;) Might give me some courage to stretch that long:perplexed

*Michelle*

Chiming in to say I'm waiting too...LOL!

5 months that is a good stretch...but not if it caused extra damage, huh? Well you tried :)

Proudpiscean

rinygirl6 said:
I'm using the last bit of my Silk Elements mild lye relaxer and Creme of Nature mild lye relaxer, the no-base formula. I'm going to use Protective Mousse to neutralize. Love that stuff!

I want to try this, but I can't find it anywhere.

sareca

Hey!
Pictures please. :D

Soul♥Flower

sareca said:
Hey!
Pictures please. :D
Ouch! LOL

Okay, Okay

I had a minor mishap last night. I thought I had 1/2 jar of SE mild and a 1/2 jar of CON. But it turns out that I had a 1/4 jar of SE and an emty jar of CON:mad:. So I had to run to the store and I decided to give Vitale life and body a try. All I can say is...:love:. This relaxer gets an A+ in my book. No smell and it works soo fast. I was able to get my hair uniformly straight for the first time by using mild in the back and regular in the middle and top.:cool:

Anywho, enough chit chat. Time for the money shot!

12/06

5/07

12/06

5/07

KiniKakes

***Toy-Pisces*** said:
I cant wait to see pics. I didn't know that you can mix relaxers:confused:

I didnt know either.

Wow, 5 month stretch eh?!! Way to go!!!! :D Come on girl, lets bring on those pics!!!! :grin:

Soul♥Flower

KiniKakes said:
I didnt know either.

Wow, 5 month stretch eh?!! Way to go!!!! :D Come on girl, lets bring on those pics!!!! :grin:

I posted them. Can you see them?
Darn, hope I didn't mess something up.

thiccknlong

rinygirl6 said:
I had planned to stretch to six months, but my roots are thicky thick and my ends are splitty split. For some reason this stretch has been murder on my ends. Oh well, I'll try for six months next time.
Anyway, I'm about to go relax my hair now, I'll be back with pics.

:scratchch I wonder how much length I retained.....wish me luck!

Yeah, this is the problem. If you stretch to long, your hair breaks and your ends get thin.

This is a true sign of breakage or hair fallout.

The purpose of stretching is to gain thickness while maintaining length. You don't want to defeat the purpose.

Your goal should be to find out the right length of time to stretch (and the products to prevent breakage) such that you are NOT losing hair.

I've reached a determination: 2 months stretch.

I texlax, which means, I'm already underprocessed. And my hair tangles a lot more.

Sooooo,

2 mos FOR ME, is the max to keep my hair thick but not breaking. Especially since it's already underprocessed. This way, my ends don't thin out.

Soul♥Flower

thicknlong said:
Yeah, this is the problem. If you stretch to long, your hair breaks and your ends get thin.

This is a true sign of breakage or hair fallout.

The purpose of stretching is to gain thickness while maintaining length. You don't want to defeat the purpose.

Your goal should be to find out the right length of time to stretch (and the products to prevent breakage) such that you are NOT losing hair.

I've reached a determination: 2 months stretch.

I texlax, which means, I'm already underprocessed. And my hair tangles a lot more.

Sooooo,

2 mos FOR ME, is the max to keep my hair thick but not breaking. Especially since it's already underprocessed. This way, my ends don't thin out.

Good advice ThinkNLong, I'll have to pay closer attention to my limit next time. Thanks:)

Yeah my ends are thinner but, I started above my neck and now it's below my sholders, so I don't mind trimming.

Thanks guys for your comments:p

Soul♥Flower

***Toy-Pisces*** said:
I cant wait to see pics. I didn't know that you can mix relaxers:confused:

Well, I used the rest of one relaxer on one part of my head and another on the rest of my head.

I've actually mixed different brands of relaxers together before when I had 1/2 and 1/2 left. It didn't make much of a different good or bad, so I wouldn't recommend doing it if you don't have to.