3rd BKT and my 2nd wash n go ever

sheba1

I had my first wash n go yesterday and it was fabulous! I did my third bkt the other day, washed the next day and my hair is fierce! Still curly (thank goodness) and with wash n go's like mine I see no reason to wear my hair straight until Fall!

I did it again today and used different products. Because I'm still knew to the wash n go I haven't yet found the products I will use consistently (still experimenting and researching) but the one today came out twice as nice as yesterdays. Also, I was able to get better definition and curls and it didn't "grow" as much as it dried. I think I'm getting the hang of this!

I got positive comments all day long. I usually wear a pretty believable just barely APL wig. I wonder if anyone thinks they're both my hair but this is my hair curly and that (the wig) is my hair straight.

I'm loving my hair and I :love: bkt. I've co-washed the last three days in a row. The first day my hair was in a bun, the next my hair was in my first wash n go, today I really feel like I did the wash n go almost just right. Still researching but I think this style will be a staple. Also, my hair is still soft and easy to put my fingers through. No tangles, at all.

The :pics: below were taken at the end of the day once I returned home from work. My hair is completely dry. I'm very pleased.

1washngo-vi.jpg

2washngo-vi.jpg

3washngo-vi.jpg

4wngclose-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Very Very pretty Sheba you and your hair!!! Your skin is flawless too and I love the lipstick! :)

Leave it to LHCF to rigged it. Your curls looks great.

BTW, I still haven't done my BKT. I haven't been able to work 72 hours without my half wig on my schedule!

Girl you took the BKT to another level! :love: look at those curls!! My gosh! Who knew it could do that!! :wow:

Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful just like you! Lookout BSL! Its on!

ETA: Where did my Thank You button go? :scratchch

Last edited:
Absolutely lovely!

Thanks, MoMo!

Very Very pretty Sheba you and your hair!!! Your skin is flawless too and I love the lipstick! :)

Aww, thanks Veejee, I'm blushing!

Sheba, you are workin' the BKT, alright?

Ok?! LOL Thanks Bronzebombshell!

LOVING IT!!!

Thanks, Ediese! I'm loving it, too! I'm glad I don't seem to be in any danger of losing my curls, even though I colored and even after my 3rd treatment.

Very pretty.:yep:

Thanks so much, Flowinlocks!

Aww girl, just look at those curls. Awesome. :up:

Thank you, Allandra! I'm really digging them. So easy and I feel so much more free than when I wear my wig.

Leave it to LHCF to rigged it. Your curls looks great.

BTW, I still haven't done my BKT. I haven't been able to work 72 hours without my half wig on my schedule!

Aww, man, Keen! Well, maybe you could do it and then wrap your hair and wear a scarf and a full wig? That way your hair can go through the cure process without having to be seen.

wow... looks like my hair when wet!!! :spinning:

You're hair is lovely! That is a major compliment, thank you Ladylibra! I'm a libra, too :yep:

Girl you took the BKT to another level! :love: look at those curls!! My gosh! Who knew it could do that!! :wow:

Your hair looks so healthy and beautiful just like you! Lookout BSL! Its on!

Hey there, AtlantaJJ! Thank youuuu. I know that I did not know it could do that. lol My hair is still looser, meaning when I do twists, my hair hangs much more and my twist out looks almost like I pressed it first, before twisting, even if I do it on wet hair. But it amazes me that if I use product to encourage curl, it will still curl so readily. Just bigger, plumper curls instead of my usual tiny ringlets. This is so much fun!

:lachen::lachen::lachen: I keep looking for it also! hahahaha

Nice curls. :yep: So did you wash your hair the day after you did the BKT or still waited the two days?

Thank you so much, Chameleonchick. Yes, I washed after 24 hours for my first treatment and this one. My second treatment is the only time that I waited the full 48 hours that Global suggests.

This is beautiful! I wish i could get a wash and go like this. Maybe some day. Are you natural?

Hey there, thank you! Yes, I'm natural. You know, I never attempted a wash n go before I did the brazilian keratin treatment. My hair was prone to single strand knots before. Since BKT, that hasn't been a problem, so I decided to give the wash n go a shot. I'm glad I did because I love it!

That BKT really removes the frizz and loosens the curl. I'm still waiting for my hair to poof!

I'm going to attempt a wrap when I wash. A wrap and go is what it will be!

Last edited:
Really fab! I just washed my 2nd BKT attempt. I couldn't believe the bigger curls I had---usually they're very tiny. I was tempted to leave it like that but I have never been able to wash and go 'cuz of horrible tangling. Maybe, I'll give it a shot. What products did you use?

beautiful hair! love the curls!:drunk: I my curls look just like yours now! I can't wait to do the organic thermo bkt! Keep up the good work!

Okay so I am confused. You did the BKT treatment but you did not do the pressing part?

Your hair looks wonderful.

Girl, your WnG is SOO cute!! Love the little coilies on the ends of your hair....I woulda had my hands in that hair ALL day, I just would not have been able to resist...it woulda been standing out all over like a huge curly fro by the time i got finished diggin in it!

Good job!

(WHERE is that doggone "Thanks" button?!)

Back