3 Year Anniversary!

so1913

Wooooow, it just hit me that three years ago this month was my last relaxer! I can't believe how time flew. No, I don't have waist length hair to show for all the years I've been a part of these boards (I just can't stay away from those scissors!). Although I have not met my length goal due to quite a few big cuts throughout the years, the fact that I've managed to stay natural for 3 years after being relaxed for so many years prior for me is a goal in itself.

I'd like to thank all my hair inspirations, my hair buddies from waaaaaaaaaaay back in the day that have seen me go through all my hair stages and cuts (like 6 going on 7 years now!) my product junkie pals....members both relaxed and natural for so much support and for sharing knowledge and information on the board.

Maybe 2006 will be the year I stick to growing out my hair....we shall see, but first and fore most HEALTH!

Healthb4Length

Congrats girl! I agree with you I'd rather have health than length, but it is good to know that having these two things together are not mutually exclusive!;)

MiWay

Congratulations! 3 years...I'm barely at 3 months! But your hair is beautiful. I looked at your fotki and I love it. Keep up the good work!

kristina

Congrats! My last relaxer was in 2002 at well- though I don't remember the exact date because I didn't intentionally quit relaxers.

so1913

kristina said:
Congrats! My last relaxer was in 2002 at well- though I don't remember the exact date because I didn't intentionally quit relaxers.

Thanks! I didn't quit intentionally either....only reason I remember was because the last touch up was a tramatizing experience, lol! It caused me to hold off getting my next retouch with hopes of finding someone I could trust to do it.

kristina

so1913 said:
Thanks! I didn't quit intentionally either....only reason I remember was because the last touch up was a tramatizing experience, lol! It caused me to hold off getting my next retouch with hopes of finding someone I could trust to do it.

lol- i had a similar experience- well i think going natural worked out for both of us.

carameldiva

Congradulations- i have been natural for 2.5 years now and i love it. by the way your hair is as lovely as your are-love the part in the middle. Keep up the good work.