2nd Go Round...4B Natural Straightened Hair (Pics)

Janet'

Morning Ladies,

Well, you might have remembered me posting several months ago raving about the Hana Professional and how well it straightened my cousin's fine 4b hair: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/ha...4b-hair-hana-professional-flat-iron-pics.html

I ended up selling my Hana Professional to my mom, so this time when she asked me to straighten, I had to use her flat iron Andis 67175 2" Tourmaline Nano Ceramic Flat Iron 1ea.

The Andis 67175 2' Tourmaline Nano Ceramic Flat Iron: $40 (local BSS) but $19 (online)

I am one of those persons who believe that technique is just as important as having a good flat iron and after using her iron, I still stick to my original opinion.

Just as I did previously, I blow dried her hair on the low-warm setting (using the comb attachement) and then re-twisted.

Straightening with the Andis to get it bone straight took 3 to 4 passes (on 350) as opposed to 1 to 2 with the Hana Professional. For the price, I still think that it is a pretty good iron.

Enough talk...Attached are some pics...

Attachments

• Dec Twistout Shay Hair Pt 1 011.JPG
    Dec Twistout Shay Hair Pt 1 011.JPG
    386.6 KB · Views: 294
  • Dec Twistout Shay Hair Pt 1 012.jpg
    Dec Twistout Shay Hair Pt 1 012.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 307
  • Shanasia's Straight Dec 2010 002.JPG
    Shanasia's Straight Dec 2010 002.JPG
    354.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Shanasia's Straight Dec 2010 003.JPG
    Shanasia's Straight Dec 2010 003.JPG
    345.2 KB · Views: 292
  • Shanasia's Straight Dec 2010 008.jpg
    Shanasia's Straight Dec 2010 008.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 269

fluffyforever

Those are great results. My hair looks just like hers and it takes forever to blowdry. I need to get better at that.

SimJam

looks nice!!!

but if I remember correctly, her hair looked more sleek and shiny from the flat iron job with the hana pro.

Janet'

looks nice!!!

but if I remember correctly, her hair looked more sleek and shiny from the flat iron job with the hana pro.

Yep, it did...I still stand by my Hana Professional, but for the cost- it did a pretty good job...

davisbr88

Bwahahahaha!!! Holler at me...We could do a mini LHCF meet-up :yep: :yep:

Awwwwwwwwwwwww sooky sooky!
Once my plans are finalized, I will let you know! I should know for sure by the end of next month.
But lemme stop hijacking your thread... lol.
Proceed!

Keshieshimmer

I have no technique for flat irons which is why my hair will be in a braid out for Christmas.

Looks great! You can do my hair too if you want, I am not too far.

Missjae09

Janet' you did a great job on her hair! you CERTAINLY don't need a kitchentician anymore. :lol:

I totally agree with you, technique definitely plays a large part in your results but I do feel like the quality of the iron also matters. the higher end irons tend to give you a silkier finish. :lol:

Janet'

Janet' you did a great job on her hair! you CERTAINLY don't need a kitchentician anymore. :lol:

I totally agree with you, technique definitely plays a large part in your results but I do feel like the quality of the iron also matters. the higher end irons tend to give you a silkier finish. :lol:

Oh NO MA'AM!!! Don't EVEN try it! :lachen: You know, I can't do my hair that well! You will always be my kitchentician!!!! :love2: :love:

Oh yes! I agree with you...Although this iron gave good results, I don't think that it compares to the silkiness of the Hana Pro, but...with the right technique and a mediocre iron, results are still possible...