2017 Share, Discuss, Design, And/or Improve Your Hair Care Regimen

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
So happy to be done with finals. I would like to get back into a routine for my hair.

2018 Goals:

Continue doing the things that work:

Finger detangling as my only detangling method
Baggy method
Saturating hair with Shea Butter based product
Keeping hair in 11-13 braids (with my own hair)
Only dealing with ONE braid at a time on wash day/remoisturizing day
Hanging Bantu knot on ends once dried and set on My Curl Squad Rollers

Things that need to be improved/added:

Keeping manipulation and wear and tear on my strands to a minimum on wash day

Adding protein in the form of a light reconstructor on wash days that Ayurvedic powders are not being used

Spraying xcel21 (or another light protein or balanced leave in) on the length of my hair underneath a really good moisturizer (like SCurl) to keep structure while bagging

Keeping crown and nape well moisturized and detangled

YvetteWithJoy

On break
New notes:
  • Hairveda Red Tea Heavy Cream is EVERYTHING!!! Best butter cream to EVAH hit my strands. After previous finger detangling, the Heavy Cream had my Tangle Buster brush just gliding through my strands. With the line's serum on my ends, had my hair glistening and moisturized. Sunk straight in. I adore it.
  • The Red Tea RO conditioner was great!
  • The Hairveda Cleansing Rinse was pretty good! Best cowash yet, perhaps, but I need to keep trialing it.
  • This woman's wash day regimen has me INSPIRED!!!!!!! I want to try it!

YvetteWithJoy

On break
New notes:
  • Hairveda Red Tea Heavy Cream is EVERYTHING!!! Best butter cream to EVAH hit my strands. After previous finger detangling, the Heavy Cream had my Tangle Buster brush just gliding through my strands. With the line's serum on my ends, had my hair glistening and moisturized. Sunk straight in. I adore it.
  • The Red Tea RO conditioner was great!
  • The Hairveda Cleansing Rinse was pretty good! Best cowash yet, perhaps, but I need to keep trialing it.
  • This woman's wash day regimen has me INSPIRED!!!!!!! I want to try it!

ETA:

:eek:

There's a lady (I can't find the YouTube video now) who bands her TWISTS to stretch her hair. GENIUS. She then unravels them and twists them more sleekly for her final twist out. I think I can skip step 2, though, maybe.

God is just so good right now in the smallest of ways and the biggest of ways, and it floors me. :thud:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
My goals for 2018:

- Continue going hard in the paint for ayurvedic powders, oils and supplements.

- Work on improving density. 5 months of henna gloss has improved one section of my hair so now it's time to focus on the hardest section, my crown. That's the most noticeable "thinning" area. Lots of scalp to be seen currently if I'm not careful with styling.

I will use pictures, at least twice a month, to review my progress.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Well, the year is almost done!

I definitely learned a lot and identified some great techniques, tools, and products for my hair.

These are my 2018 goals:
  1. Use the wisdom and wash day regimen in the video below!!!
  2. Do @Chicoro's ends care routine. This is VERY important and will make a huge difference. It is an area for change that could really elevate my hair care regimen and hair.
  3. Employ vigorous scalp massaging for hair growth (I think this is how a former hair stylist of mine had my hair growing like a weed! I really do. It's the only thing unique to that time, and it makes sense science-wise. I'm going to try it and assess it. :smile:)
  4. Predetangle (with fingers only) with the Shea Moisture hipo masque at the prepoo step. Then further predetangle at the cleansing step with Soultanicals Soulvedic Poo Bar (and once it runs out, with either the J.R. Liggetts shampoo bar or the 22nd Century Natural shampoo bar).
  5. Begin weaning myself to less frequent use of the KareCo Tangle Buster brush. Start off with every other wash day.
  6. Get a blow dry, flat iron, and trim from that awesome lady (Nicole's hair stylist) either every 3 or 4 months. :yep:
  7. Let Nicole's hair stylist show me how to flexirod even my 4a super coily hair for a smooth outcome (she says she can, using that Nairobi foam. We'll see! :look: :smile: )
  8. Flexirod set my hair more often, even if it's not awesomely smooth. The stretch will reduce tangles, and it's a better ponytail than a plain shrunken one. :yep:
  9. Band my twists!!! (Genius!)
  10. Blow dry my hair every now and then. Note: I have an amazing, pretty healthy blow dryer. I should use it every now and then. Twisting blow dried hair is great! The reduction in tangles is worth it. My hair was in good shape at the end of the year. I don't need to fear blow drying every now and then.
  11. Make sure I include the products that really matter for damage-reduction, strength, growth, and retention. For example: The Shea Moisture hip masque for amazing softening and detangling at the prepoo step, the CurlyProverbz DIY Hair Tea (super strengthening and hydrating AT THE SAME TIME!!!), the HairVeda Red Tea Heavy Cream (brush just glided through my hair!!!), the HairVeda Red Tea Serum for my ends, the Asha & Miel edge growth oil, Green Beauty Real Protein in the Shea Moisture Honey Manuka Masque, etc.
  12. Really work the Nutrition, Exercise, and Water for Hair Growth thread! :yep: I've got collagen+hyaluronic acid, bamboo tea, a multivitamin, and a nutrition and fitness plan. :up: