2015 WIG CHALLENGE

SuchaLady

One of my new units!
Eva Wigs
sk021 Kinky Straight Long Straight Human Hair Wig
Natural Black (didn't love the color at first, but now I do! it's has brown gold highlights in the sun)
Low-Medium Density (85%-100%)
Glueless cap with ear tabs (this cap is larger than the average, I ordered, but was able to tighten the back and now it fits)

This is a winner :love: What did you do for the parting area? Did it need concealer? From what I can see it looks great.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
SCORE january noir. How did you decide on Eva Wigs? Do they have great quality & service?

I did some web searches and found a few references to this company and then their YouTube videos. I liked what I saw and I took a chance. I can't compare to the units popular on YouTube and other blogs. Compared to my Divatress, Wigs.com, and other sites, these wigs are nicer.

PROS
Excellent customer service - very responsive via email notification and web chat.
They send you pictures of your custom unit for your approval before ship.
The quality for the two units I own are excellent
Pricing is $$$; comparable to what I heard a good unit will cost.
Good selection of options available for customization (density, lace front colors, silk tops, bleached knots, cap types, etc.)
Lightweight and washes beautifully

CONS
Takes 35+ days for custom units
Units are $300 and up

january noir that looks great on you!
Thanks! :)

This unit looks great!

january noir
You look fabulous!
This is a winner :love: What did you do for the parting area? Did it need concealer? From what I can see it looks great.

I chose the medium brown lace because I thought the dark brown lace would be too dark.
I could darken a lighter lace with foundation, but couldn't lighten a darker lace. :spinning:
Anywho, yes, I used concealer. I've been researching all the tips to make wigs look more natural. Plus, I have jet black hair and this wig is lighter, but I had no problem blending my own hair at the temples and front hairline so even when the wind blows, it's undetectable. :yep:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I have two more units from Eva Wigs coming; the Kerry Washington loose wave and the Jessica White inspired Bob. I can't wait to get them. :yay:

Rozlewis

January_noir

Those wigs are bomb. I took the plunge again and just purchased another wig from RPGShow and it should be arriving today. I purchased one similar to the Kerry Washington wig. I think having bangs will make me more comfortable with wearing them. I can't wait to receive it.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Januarynoir I love this wig on you. Gorgeous. You make me want to venture into browsing some straight haired wigs now.

Thanks! AbsyBlvd
When I first took it out the box, even though I approved the unit from the pics they sent me, I wasn't sure I'd like the color, but once I tried it on, I really love it.

I have the kinky curly unit that I have to post pics in, but it has to be styled and cut because it's a lot of hair even though I ordered the low-to-medium density.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
January_noir

Those wigs are bomb. I took the plunge again and just purchased another wig from RPGShow and it should be arriving today. I purchased one similar to the Kerry Washington wig. I think having bangs will make me more comfortable with wearing them. I can't wait to receive it.

Thanks Rozlewis.
How do you like the RPGShow units? I looked on their site and saw a wig I like.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I received it january noir - TY. I haven't had ample time to browse due to exhausting days and evenings at work. I will go with a vendor that has a generous return policy, that's for sure....just in case I don't like it. What's the return policy of the vendor you used?

Do RPG allow returns Rozlewis?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
divachyk

EvaWig Return Policy (check out RPGShow's policy too, but I'm sure they are similar)

Return & Exchange Policy
EvaWigs’s aim is providing our customers premium quality full lace human hair wigs with reasonable price and knight service. And we totally understand that choosing a right wig online is a bit difficult, so we accept the return & exchange for some special occasions. Below is our Return & Exchange policy.
We are more than happy to accommodate exchanges & returns of the wigs that have NOT been washed, tampered, altered and the lace have NOT been cutted. Since Human hair wigs are a hygienic product. We take matters of hygiene and public safety seriously and DO NOT ALLOW used items to be returned for the safety of all of our clients.
We offer ONE TIME free return and exchange for our customers who keep their items in original conditions and meanwhile follow our return & exchange process.
15% of your total payment will be charged as a restocking fee for the second time exchange.
NO return & exchange for cap size customized wigs.
NO return & exchange for clearance products.

Order Cancellation and Change
For any order cancellation and change, we can freely help cancelling your order and changing your order details ONLY if you could contact us within 36 hours after you placing your order.
For instock items, we can help cancelling or changing your order any time without any charges before shipping out.
For custom items, 30% of your total payment will be charged as a restocking fee if you want to cancel your order when your order has already been under processing. (Check the custom order processing time here: http://www.evawigs.com/content/1-delivery)
And an extra charge will be necessary if you want to do some possible changes when your order is already under processing. So we will be very appreciated if you could contact service[USER=323119]eva[/USER]wigs.com for the details and the possibility at your earliest convenience if you want to do some changes.
NO cancellation and change for shipping out items.

Return & Exchange Process
Step 1
Please contact our customer service within 48 hours after you received your package via email at service[USER=323119]eva[/USER]wigs.com to explain the reason for the return/exchange.
Step 2
Our customer service will process your return/exchange request within 3-5 working days. After the return/exchange request has been authorized, our customer service will send you a Return Authorization Number.
Step 3
Please ship (You are also responsible for the return shipping charge which is about $6-$12 for U.S. Customers) the returned wig back to the address we gave you, including the return & exchange form with the Return Authorization (RA) Number.
We DO NOT accept the return package without our Return Authorization Number.
Please do email us the tracking number to service[USER=323119]eva[/USER]wigs.com after shipping out your returned package.
And please shipping out your returned package within the next 3 days after getting our autorization.
Step 4
After receiving the returned package, we’ll arrange the refund within 7 working days if you just request return.
Please note that, we will refund your money to your Paypal account, and if your payment is longer than 2 months, a small amount of your refund might be charged by Paypal as a handling fee which is out of our control.
We’ll arrange the exchange within 7 working days for return & exchange. And please check here to estimate the processing time of your second item.
*For Brazil customers, an extra $100 shipping and handling fee will be charged when placing your order. And this extra charge is NOT refundable for any return and exchange orders. And, normally, we will send you your wig pictures before shipping to avoid the loss.

Repair Services
We are now offering ONE TIME wig repairing services worths $50 - $120 for our customers within after-sale 3 months for FREE.
The total repairing time will be 30 - 45 days.
Please DO contact service[USER=323119]eva[/USER]wigs.com first before you sending the wig to us.
Please offering us some pictures of the part you want to repair, if it can be repaired, we will offer you an address where you can send your wig to.
Our customers are responsible for the return shipping charge which is about $6-$12 for U.S. customers.
For customers who has enjoyed the services once before please check the Repair Services to choose the repair services you want.

I did some web searches and found a few references to this company and then their YouTube videos. I liked what I saw and I took a chance. I can't compare to the units popular on YouTube and other blogs. Compared to my Divatress, Wigs.com, and other sites, these wigs are nicer.

PROS
Excellent customer service - very responsive via email notification and web chat.
They send you pictures of your custom unit for your approval before ship.
The quality for the two units I own are excellent
Pricing is $$$; comparable to what I heard a good unit will cost.
Good selection of options available for customization (density, lace front colors, silk tops, bleached knots, cap types, etc.)
Lightweight and washes beautifully

CONS
Takes 35+ days for custom units
Units are $300 and up

I chose the medium brown lace because I thought the dark brown lace would be too dark.
I could darken a lighter lace with foundation, but couldn't lighten a darker lace. :spinning:
Anywho, yes, I used concealer. I've been researching all the tips to make wigs look more natural. Plus, I have jet black hair and this wig is lighter, but I had no problem blending my own hair at the temples and front hairline so even when the wind blows, it's undetectable. :yep:

January_noir what is the hair type?

They list:
Indian Remy
Virgin Indian
Brazilian Virgin
Chinese Virgin

The last three options cost more, not sure the difference. Whatever you have looks really natural. I also like that it doesn't look bulky.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
January_noir what is the hair type?

They list:
Indian Remy
Virgin Indian
Brazilian Virgin
Chinese Virgin

The last three options cost more, not sure the difference. Whatever you have looks really natural. I also like that it doesn't look bulky.

BackToMyRoots
Here are the details for my unit - I got Indian Remy, but virgin hair is better if you want to splurge.

Hair Color: Natural Black($0.00)
Highlight Color: I do not want highlight color
Mixed Color: I do not want mixed color
Hair Type: 100% Indian Remy Hair
Hair Length: 16 Inch
Hair Texture: Kinky Straight
Hair Density: 85% Light to Medium
Baby Hair Options: All around perimeter($0.00)
Bleached Knots Option: Yes, bleached along the perimeter
Lace Material: Swiss lace
Lace Color: Medium Brown
Cap Construction: cap-3B. Glueless Full Lace Cap with Ear Tabs
Silk Top: Yes, 4”*4” Silk Top($60.00)
Hairline: Natural Hairline
Cap Size: Average($0.00)
Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required: No($0.00)
Rush Order: Regular Order: 28 Working Days($0.00)
Circumference(inch): 22.25
Front to Nape(inch): 14.5
Ear to Ear across forehead(inch): 12.5
Ear to Ear over top(inch): 12.75
Temple to Temple round back(inch): 15
Nape of Neck(inch): 5.5

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
BackToMyRoots

I researched and stock wigs have much more density; usually 130 or greater.
When you can choose your density, stylists recommend low to medium density because hair looks the most natural and less "wiggy." When you buy stock wigs, you really have to thin them out and even then, they still have a lot of hair.

BackToMyRoots
Here are the details for my unit - I got Indian Remy, but virgin hair is better if you want to splurge.

Hair Color: Natural Black($0.00)
Highlight Color: I do not want highlight color
Mixed Color: I do not want mixed color
Hair Type: 100% Indian Remy Hair
Hair Length: 16 Inch
Hair Texture: Kinky Straight
Hair Density: 85% Light to Medium
Baby Hair Options: All around perimeter($0.00)
Bleached Knots Option: Yes, bleached along the perimeter
Lace Material: Swiss lace
Lace Color: Medium Brown
Cap Construction: cap-3B. Glueless Full Lace Cap with Ear Tabs
Silk Top: Yes, 4”*4” Silk Top($60.00)
Hairline: Natural Hairline
Cap Size: Average($0.00)
Delivery Confirmation Adult Signature Required: No($0.00)
Rush Order: Regular Order: 28 Working Days($0.00)
Circumference(inch): 22.25
Front to Nape(inch): 14.5
Ear to Ear across forehead(inch): 12.5
Ear to Ear over top(inch): 12.75
Temple to Temple round back(inch): 15
Nape of Neck(inch): 5.5

Thank to so much! This is very helpful. I've been researching wigs for a while, but never liked anything enough to pull the trigger. I think this unit might be the one.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Thank to so much! This is very helpful. I've been researching wigs for a while, but never liked anything enough to pull the trigger. I think this unit might be the one.

You're welcome!
The only thing I would change now is to order the glueless without ear tabs.

Rozlewis

Thanks Rozlewis.
How do you like the RPGShow units? I looked on their site and saw a wig I like.

January_noir

I like the RPGShow units. They are so realistic. I have one already and I am waiting for my new one which is scheduled to be delivered today. They have nice wigs and i have watched a lot of videos featuring their wigs.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Hey Ladies,
My pics have been posted on EvaWigs Buyer Show! Wish me luck... They have a drawing each month and the winner gets a free wig. I'm not sure if I'm on their Instagram yet, but I will be.

divinefavor

I haven't worn wigs in maybe 7 or 8 years, but I've decided to wear them again so that I can do protective styling for a while. I just got a new wig in the mail today (New Born Free Slim Lace Part Wig SLW04) and plan to wear it tomorrow if I don't chicken it out. LOL! I also purchased a short wig online today, it's starting to get hot here in SC, so I want to make sure I have a go-to short style as well. I may purchase one or two more wigs, I would love to have a long (not too long though) straight one with a bang or middle part and a more natural hair type style wig.

I'm not a fan of the stocking caps or stocking material type wig caps. Are there satin or silk caps I can wear under my wig? I have natural hair. If you're natural and wear wigs do you just put your wig cap on or are you cornrowing or flat twisting beforehand?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I haven't worn wigs in maybe 7 or 8 years, but I've decided to wear them again so that I can do protective styling for a while. I just got a new wig in the mail today (New Born Free Slim Lace Part Wig SLW04) and plan to wear it tomorrow if I don't chicken it out. LOL! I also purchased a short wig online today, it's starting to get hot here in SC, so I want to make sure I have a go-to short style as well. I may purchase one or two more wigs, I would love to have a long (not too long though) straight one with a bang or middle part and a more natural hair type style wig.

I'm not a fan of the stocking caps or stocking material type wig caps. Are there satin or silk caps I can wear under my wig? I have natural hair. If you're natural and wear wigs do you just put your wig cap on or are you cornrowing or flat twisting beforehand?
I braid or have my hair corn rowed when I wear my wigs. I prefer to use a mesh wig cap so I can use bobby pins to secure my units.

divinefavor

Thanks @january noir! My hair is flat twisted cornrow style underneath. I'm not very good at flat twisting or cornrowing, but I think what I've done is ok. I will pic up one or two mesh caps today or tomorrow.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Happy Sunday Ladies!

I'm wearing the Eva Wigs Kinky Curly 16" glueless lace front today. I posted the pic a few posts ago in this thread. The color is Jet Black. I had to wash, condition and apply a good leave-in before wearing (per Eva instructions for their Kinky Curly wigs). It's custom with low-medium density, but it looked like it's 120% density! I love it!

BklynHeart

I saw a beautiful lacefront wig in the beauty supply store Saturday. It was human hair and the texture was 4B. Of course they wanted $499 for it. I was trying to find the company's name on the tag to see if I could order it online.