2015 Oils,Buttas,Grease,Lotions Pomades,Cremes Challenge

oneastrocurlie

I'm in!

Today I used SSI Coconut Quench Moisturizer (sample) and oiled by scalp with APB Ayurvedic Oil then did a quick scalp massage.

Barbara

Princess
I'm in! I have an assortment of oils, butters, lotions, creams and pomades that I need to work through in 2015. I might add a few more oils to round out my collection but don't intend to buy anything else in 2015.

I apply Liquid Gold growth oil to my scalp 2x a week.

For the COB/P portion of LCOB/P, I just started using Oyin hair dew, Claudie's Montego Bay and Oyin burnt sugar pomade. I'll use these 4-5 times a week. I really like this combo and will be using it at least for the next 6 weeks or so.

You're right. I have too much stuff, too.

I really need to use all of my products before buying anything; otherwise, they'll go bad . . . and I just can't afford to throw anything out.

In the meantime, I just add new product names to my hair care list. My money can't be spent on non essentials anymore,:nono: but one item a year is okay, though.

PlainJane

I'm in!
I started using shea butter, jbco hair food, and burnt sugar pomade a few months ago and love what they have been doing for my hair. I plan to buy hairveda almond glaze as my last one. Heavy sealing works for me. All my mom used on my hair was water and grease when I was growing up and my hair was down my back.

PlainJane

How do you all usually wear your hair when using butters? My hair can get stiff sometimes so it usually stays in a bun or braid..

KinksAndInk

Professional Napper
How do you all usually wear your hair when using butters? My hair can get stiff sometimes so it usually stays in a bun or braid..

I'm finding that products with mango butter make my hair extremely soft. The style depends on my mood and the season. Lately it's been buns and halo or milk maid twists. Summer it's normally a wash and go. Spring and fall it's twists outs. I need to learn more long lasting protective styles for when I don't want to be bothered with my hair.

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
A question was accidentally posted in the 2013 butter and creme thread. The question was is there a less expensive alternative to Green Magic? I would like to know this also.

I'm not sure if there is any cheaper product that compares to Green Magic consistently wise etc.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
I'm joining!
I have a HUGE storage bin of oils, butters, creams, and pomades I'll be using....ok maybe it's two bins :look: :lol:

Some items/brands include: APB, Hairveda, Afroveda, Tropic Isle Living, Sunny Isle, Blue Roze Beauty, Jakaela, Mission Condition, Shea Terra Organics, Oyin, SSI, and others I know I'm forgetting at the moment.

I'll post as I use.

CeeLex33

Happy Healthy Hair!
Moisturized my mini twists with h2o, SheScentIt's Coco Creme Leave In, a little Liquid Gold's Whipped Marshmallow on the ends and sealed it all up with Mission Condition's Blueberry Star Glaze Oil- yum yum yum!!!

Babygrowth

Mixed my Megatek mix and my LG oil into one big bottle because I'm greedy and tired of alternating. Will use every day or every other day.

Added Jakeala nappy butter and parfait to my ends yesterday because my set failed. I love this stuff.

Last edited:

PlainJane

Misted hair with water and applied oyin hair dew. Sealed with burnt sugar pomade. I need to commit to doing this twice a week.

meka72

After I rinse my deep conditioner out, I'll M&S with ST kink drink (plus s-curl to the ends), OH hair dew, Claudie's Montego Bay oil and OH burnt sugar pomade. I'll do this at least 4 times this week.

I'll also alternate my prescription salve and LG sulfur growth oil applied to my scalp.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
As I am twisting cream is a hit for me. Bought a 2 Oz sample and my twists look good for this to be winter. Nice and shiny. Will commit to a 8 Oz jar next.

Nylund

I'd like to join :)

I'll be using a variety of products, but my favorites are:

Oils: Keravada Fenugreek, Henna (I hauled in the fall when the 8oz bottles were on sale for $8.99, plus LHCF discount); Castor oil (OTC and Jamaican)

Pomades: Oyin Burnt Sugar

Lotions/ Cremes: Annabelle's Perfect Blends; Oyin Hair Dew

Butters: Bobeam Hair Moisturizer (shea butter, cocoa butter and almond oil blend); LACE Natural Amazon butter

Looking forward to trying the Jakeala hemp parfait, nappy butter, silky oil and Soultanicals Knot Sauce chilling in my refrigerator.