2015 APL/BSL Challenge

I had a great wash day this weekend. Been feeling guilty about having such a huge stash but still wanted to crack open some new products. Used the Komaza Care protein strengthener :2inlove:. I cant believe how great this was for my fine tangly hair!!

Followed up with the Naturelle Grow marshmallow root, slippery elm and cinnamon DC. This is just what my hair needed.

So I got the idea to just add slippery elm, marshmallow root and aloe vera powder to all my DCs (as I go) so I can use them up while getting the max benefits for my hair. No need to order them BC I already have a huge stash of powders. Im excited to see more change in the health of my hair.

I'm enjoying my hair right now at this length. The cut, color and just everything is just lovely. My roots reverted, but I'm not even mad. It just gives me more volume. #silverlining

I might be Bsl by the end of the year...I might still be Apl. As long as I enjoy the journey it doesn't matter how long it takes.

Gave myself a texturizer TU on Friday. It went smoothly and I do see some progress. I used Joico K-pak on the hair shaft before applying the texturizer then again in the mid-step phase. Hair came out great. Today I will lightly straighten so I can trim with the Splitender and wig it for another month.

I plan to try using protein at every wash bc my hair loves it. The only time I got protein overload is when I was taking biotin with keratin supplements

425201521162.jpg I've been wanting to do some gray hair for a while. I bought some aliexpress hair already colored gray bc I didn't want to mess it up or it not turn the color I wanted. Made a unit with it. Just threw some big curls in it and will wear it tomorrow. Excuse the no makeup face

Attachments

• 4252015211623.jpg
    4252015211623.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 425201521162.jpg
    425201521162.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 92
HPG
Lookin' foxy, girl!!! What chu hubbie have to say about THAT outfit?!!
Thanks! Haaaa! He had just pulled up from work when I was walking out to the car to leave and he looks at me and goes "who goes to eat dressed like that?" Lol I was like I do lol. I mean come one we don't get to have a girls night too often and I don't get to dress up at all. Makeup I do like twice a week maybe but dressing up and hanging with the girls cones around once in a blue moon.

I'm so annoyed. I suffered major heat damage on my hair after I flat ironed it a couple weeks ago. I used a remington iron on medium heat and it fried my hair. I've used it on higher temps with no problems so I'm not not sure what happened.

I definitely won't be using it again.

I went to the salon yesterday and she cut off more than I wanted her too but I'm not mad. I still have a lot more to cut off but I'll gradually cut them.

I asked dh to choose between purple and blue black for my next hair color. He chose blue black, so I will be coloring my hair in a couple weeks. I'm so excited about this. I have done purple before, but it was years ago. I have never had blue black.

So, I got my hair straightened this afternoon and I think I may be back to SL? She took a little bit off because I haven't trimmed since I BC last year:look:. Hoping for APL by the end of this year.

Attachments

• 11401484_10100515938253969_8016443082175674802_n.jpg
    11401484_10100515938253969_8016443082175674802_n.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 54
  • 11415380_10100515939795879_2207524846068723639_n.jpg
    11415380_10100515939795879_2207524846068723639_n.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 56
Nice growth HPG!! Thats really good for one month. The wigs are really great for helping to retain length. I STILL cant believe the retention I've seen lately.

I was tired of wearing wigs so I braided my hair for a Senegalese twist crochet style but I just didnt have the commitment to get it done. I put in about 15 premade twists then took em right back out! SMDH!

So I'm gonna leave the braid pattern in and just wear my wigs some more. I'll just wash my hair with ACV rinses and use some sort of spray to moisturize.

Nice growth HPG!! Thats really good for one month. The wigs are really great for helping to retain length. I STILL cant believe the retention I've seen lately.

I was tired of wearing wigs so I braided my hair for a Senegalese twist crochet style but I just didnt have the commitment to get it done. I put in about 15 premade twists then took em right back out! SMDH!

So I'm gonna leave the braid pattern in and just wear my wigs some more. I'll just wash my hair with ACV rinses and use some sort of spray to moisturize.
Thanks! That's me I don't have time to fool with my head lol.

Back