2011 Hide Your Hair Challenge! (Jan 1st - June 30th)

ms.blue

You can do it however you want. I just pulled a piece and snapped a photo for the APL challenge. I've seen other ppl do it that way. I don't plan on straightening just to see how long it is. I don't want to wear it straight plus it's about to be June.

I don't plan on flatironing until Sept. or Oct. when the humidity and temp comes down a bit. Flatironing in the summer is a complete waste imo.

ojemba

Checking in to see if the new cycle thread was available yet? I'm
Looking foward to see all the reveals and to start another challenge.

Ladies what are your summer hair plans? Where I (us virgin islands) live the temp is always warm but recently it's been alot warmer so I hope I can make it to the beach more, so my hair will def have to be protected.

JJamiah

Checking in to see if the new cycle thread was available yet? I'm
Looking foward to see all the reveals and to start another challenge.

Ladies what are your summer hair plans? Where I (us virgin islands) live the temp is always warm but recently it's been alot warmer so I hope I can make it to the beach more, so my hair will def have to be protected.

I will be getting my hair braided at the end of the month. I will wear my wigs. Every 2 weeks I will break it down to wash, treat and DC. Due to the sun I think my hair will thank me for it. Plus I want lower manipulation. Might indulge in finishing some vitamins up. then again I hate taking pills :( GO figure.

ms.tatiana

Well once I take this weave out I'll be free for a week then I'll go into a straight weave for the whole summer June until August. I'll wash and condition my hair once a week.

I need to use up all my old products like MTG, Mega-Tek, JBCO, Dr.Miracles nape & temple, Nexxus emergence and conditioner, Hot 6 oil, Carson Soft Sheen Weave Shampoo and Conditioner, Tree Tea oil, Peppermint Oil, & Olive oil before I buy any more hair products at all.

Ms_CoCo37

Morning Ladies!

We're getting down to the wire.:grin:

I guess I'll open the new challenge around the 15th and let the official start date be July 1st. I'll put the reveal thread up for the current challenge on the 30th of this month.

As far as my hair style today. The tried and true wash n' go.:yep:

AlliCat

I wore cornrows for one week but had to take them down because they got too loose. Even though I only had them in for a week I already noticed greater thickness and a little length retention. I'm 3 weeks post and have new growth already which is exciting because I usually don't feel this much until around the 6 week mark.

My cornrow regimen is pretty solid...co-wash often, shampoo on the weekend, growth aid after every wash, and spritz daily...baggy on non-wash nights and take vitamins every day. I really dislike the braiding process so I'm trying to keep them in for at least 2-3 weeks.

JJamiah

^^^ Going to be leaving my hair in braiding for 2 weeks under my lace/wigs so I can break it down deep condition and clean for the next few months until Octobers relaxer time.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I am about to clarify, wash with CON, and then do a moisturizing DC no added protein. MOISTURE MOISTURE MOISTURE!!!!!!

I may either bun it and cowash these last 3 weeks of the change or either braid it up and rock a wig to the end.

Rossy2010

checking in :) i will be PSing with french braids under a wig until my next relaxer which will be at the end of this challenge.

inneedofhelptx

I haven't posted in this challenge in a long time. I've been actively hiding my hair in microbraids. I'm new to challenges so I have a question for the veterans. What do I do about the reveal at the end of this month if I'm in a different challenge that doesn't reveal until the end of the year?

ms.tatiana

Weave is officially out :grin: :drunk: :yep:

-I used my Suave Clarifying Shampoo
-I then used my Suave Coconut Conditioner mixed with Lusti Olive Oil hair dress
-Rinsed that all out with water, then used my Nexxus Humectress Conditioner

I'm thinking tomorrow I will either get my hair pressed until my next weave or do box braids, if I get my hair pressed then I will do a protein treatment before.

glamazon386

Back in a weave. I did it myself and covered all my hair. It's like a short curly/wavy style. I bought the hair on a whim in the BSS and I'm happy with how it turned out.

chasturner84

I will be 6 months post friday! I never thought I would get this far...so excited! Hopefully I will have a pleasant relaxer experience and NO SET BACKS!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO

ms.tatiana

I forgot to post pictures, here they are after I curled them.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1307395096541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307395096541.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 21
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307395119597.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307395119597.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 22
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307395145617.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307395145617.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 19

ms.blue

My three year natural anniversary in on june 17 and I try to take a pic of my hair stretch that weekend. I only wish I still had pics when my hair was shorter so I could seen the progress :( I made.

brg240

I forgot to post pictures, here they are after I curled them.

ms.tatiana they look very pretty. do you have more pics? I want to try box braids but the ones i did before were not cute at all. I want mine cute like yours

oh i feel off this challenge, i've been halfway doing it though but i'm about to start a personal challenge for 2-3 months( then a 2 month fall break and then back to psing

ms.tatiana

@brg140

The only other pictures I have in my phone are from when they were just put in. I did mines a lot bigger than what I seen on youtube just because I didn't want to have a long take down process.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1307494590132.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307494590132.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 18
  • uploadfromtaptalk1307494626855.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1307494626855.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 18

Lylddlebit

I got a little eager for the end of challenge pic. So I straightened a twist last night and trimmed about a half inch off for my end pic. I was 10 days shy of 6 full months(I tracked the actual date I took the start pic and it was December 17. I went to the shop the Friday before Christmas and I took that picture of my hair as soon as I got home.) I'll post at the end of the month when everyone is ready to reveal.

Janet'

I washed my hair yesterday and attempted to do a twist-out...Major fail...so, i'm back in my wash and go pony!!! I can't believe this challenge is almost over. Wow! Can't wait to see all of the reveals!

chasturner84

divachyk
I'll probably be relaxing next week...ahhh, can't wait. I haven't used heat (other than for my DC) in 6 months so I'm ready to put my STRAIGHT hair in a pony. I love ponytails!!!

Sent from my DROID PRO

brg240

@brg140

The only other pictures I have in my phone are from when they were just put in. I did mines a lot bigger than what I seen on youtube just because I didn't want to have a long take down process.

thanks for the pics, they look nice. I think i'd do that size too anything smaller and i'd get frustrated braiding. :/ I think i'm going to do some, maybe start today and finish tomorrow.

ladies could you help me, i might have asked this before in here(i think) or in another thread idk. but i want a new wig and i'm not sure what to get. I want something flattering the styles i have look marginal on me at best :( my face is pretty chubby/round/flat
http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj271/air-chan2/brg.jpg

Ijanei

Um...I attempted a "high" bun last night to see if I can get all of my hair into a bun and also to see how it would look, I don't do the sock thing, so I stuffed my washed bush hair into a pony tail then pinned under. I wanted to rock one until the end of the challenge since I see everyone else w/ success rocking them but yea, that didn't go so well. I just don't have the face to rock buns dammit. Only bun I look right in is the Southern Tease

(That's hair lotion on my face:lol: this is before I wrapped the loose ends down)
All bunning tips are appreciated