2011 Ceramides Challenge

cinnespice

Hello is me your looking for?
Still deep conditioning with hemp seed and sealing and oil rinsing with grape seed oil. My hair is thicker but much easier to manage now.

Brownie518

I have been using Silk Dreams Nourish oil and I love it. My hair has been feeling so good.
It has Persea americana(Avocado) Oil, Carthamus tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Prunus armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Simmondsia chinensis(Jojoba) Oil, Limnanthes alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil,Oryza sativa(Rice Bran) Oil,Triticum vulgare(Wheat Germ) Oil :lick:

choctaw

I am refilling my applicator bottles with sunflower oil and sometime blending with 30 ml of an ayurvedic oil (kesavardhini, maka, mahanarayan. The sunflower oil works well for oil rinses, sealing, henna pastes and oil pulling ... and the price is right

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I finished up my hemp oil awhile back. Wheatgerm oil has been working out for me. I wonder why people don't use ceramides in place of products that have cone's in them. They seem to essentially do the same except, ceramides don't block moisture and have many more benefits.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Still on my ceramide game. :thumbsup:

Dc'd with a mix of:
Claudie's Deep Conditioner (ceramides)
Claudie's Avocado Conditioner
Claudie's Normalizing Conditioner (ceramides)
Claudie's Garden Oil (ceramides)

Cowashed with:
Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk
Silk Dreams Destination Hydration (ceramides)
Silk Dreams Nourish (ceramides)

Moisturized with:
Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner
Hemp oil (ceramides, duh :wacky: )
Wheat germ oil (ceramides, duh :wacky: )

Woot-woot! :woot:

greenandchic

Sealed my hair tonight with my mixture of walnut oil, jojoba oil and olive oil (scented with black coconut and vanilla absolute) :lick:

tiffers

Dc'd with:
Vanilla Silk
Nourish Oil (ceramides)

Cowashed with:
Destination Hydration (ceramides)
Garden Oil (ceramides)
Hemp oil (ceramides :wacky: )

Moisturized with:
Claudie's Isha Cream (ceramides)
Shea butter

tiffers

greenandchic Every day... and my hair is still super dry and crispy. :nono:

It's to the point where I WANT my hair to be overmoisturized. That's my goal in life right now. :lol:

lushcoils

^^
You think your hair could be dry from doing too much to it on a regular basis? Sometimes, when I try doing too much to my hair (cowashing, baggying, dc, extra moisture and sealing with the same day), it acts up.

tiffers

lushcoils Definitely not. On the days when I just leave it alone, I could start a wildfire. :sad: Dc'ing really helps a lot.

greenandchic

lushcoils Definitely not. On the days when I just leave it alone, I could start a wildfire. :sad: Dc'ing really helps a lot.

So I assume daily moisturizing doesn't help either? I have to use a liquid leave-in, cream leave-in and seal daily. If I don't...you know what could happen. :mwahahafire: :yep: :lachen:

I do cowash 2x a week on average (this week I've been only able to do it once), but the daily moisturizing/sealing still stands.

lushcoils

My hair used to be the same way. :lol:

Now that I PS daily and I've changed to mostly natural products that have moisturizing protein in them, it's not so likely to start a fire anymore.

tiffers

greenandchic Pffft. My hair laughs at moisturizing and sealing! :lol: I've tried to moisturize and heavy seal and... my hair threw a fit. :perplexed

lushcoils Unfortunately, my little fro can't do anything other than just sit there. So no PS'ing for me. :lachen: I also use natural and organic products, definitely no cones.

SimJam

made a version of kimmaytubes leave in with darcys pumpkin condish and walnut/apricot oil twisted my ahir with it and my twists are sooooo yummy.

Im so loving this walnut oil!!!!

empressri

tiffers what products are you using? Maybe you need heavy duty stuff. When my hair gets dry like that I use qhemet's amla and olive heavy cream mixed with the olive and honey hydrating balm, and if you REALLY want to be fancy you can throw one of your favorite oils on top.

If your hair is still dry after that...girl we need to do something!

tiffers

empressri LOL! We definitely need to do something, because this is crazy!

I mainly use Claudie, Silk Dreams, Shea Moisture and Aubrey Organics. Claudie's Isha is my main moisturizer and I seal with Claudie's Pomade, castor oil, shea butter and things like that. I always use something heavy.

My hair will feel okay while damp, but once it fully dries, it's crispy. Like, if I were to play with my hair, it would sound like someone walking through dry grass. No lie. :nono:

I've been wanting to try some of those yummy sounding Qhemet moisturizers but can't right now due to low funds. :sad:

empressri

empressri LOL! We definitely need to do something, because this is crazy!

I mainly use Claudie, Silk Dreams, Shea Moisture and Aubrey Organics. Claudie's Isha is my main moisturizer and I seal with Claudie's Pomade, castor oil, shea butter and things like that. I always use something heavy.

My hair will feel okay while damp, but once it fully dries, it's crispy. Like, if I were to play with my hair, it would sound like someone walking through dry grass. No lie. :nono:

I've been wanting to try some of those yummy sounding Qhemet moisturizers but can't right now due to low funds. :sad:

awww dang. im going to keep an eye out on some swaps or SOMETHING for ya! i really think your hair would thrive with the qhemet.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have been MIA because of nursing school, man Icant wait until Christmas break so I can get back on LHCF. I have been slacking big time but I have been back on for the last 2 days LOL. I have had the same cornrolls in my head for like a month and its only 6 on them. You cant even tell that they are braids anymore.

I have still been using my WGO/EVCO....

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I have some wheat germ that has been collecting dust. I've had recent luck with applying it to my hair prior to washing/cowashing. My hair has done really well with that. It kind of falls into the oil rinsing category but it works. I will not be purchasing wheat germ again but at least I've now found a means to using it up. ETA: It keeps the tangles down nicely.

@tiffers - I think you mentioned you hate the smell of wheat germ. Have you tried oil rinsing with it as a means of using it up?

@ZebraPrintLover - good luck on school and hang in there. It will payoff in the end.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I've been testing out ceramide oils and have narrowed it down to the following keepers: hemp seed oil and sunflower oil

Blends:
gleau oil
Enso's moss & marshmallow softening serum
Hairveda's avosoya oil (skin only)

Butters:
hemp seed butter

Last edited:

ladysaraii

Prepooed with walnut and hemp oil blend

It went well and I went with a new bottle of hemp oil which I think made a big difference. I think my old bottle was randcis b/c I would smell it even after it was rinsed out

tiffers

divachyk I tried oil rinsing with wheat germ oil and it didn't go so well. :nono: The stuff felt awesome when I was applying it. My hair was all soft and detangling like a breeze... but then it wouldn't wash off and kept getting more and more sticky/gummy. :perplexed

Now I only use it when mixed with other oils. Man, that oil is so strange.

princesslocks

:hiya:Ladies...I'm back after a involuntary hiatus...I'm ready to get back in the game :yep:

I will be mixing the Ceramides oil in my DC weekly.

Last Thursday:

DC w/ AO HSR & WC mixed with Hempseed, Avocado and EVOO