2009 Best Detangler?? Please post!

Barbie83

I did a search but figured I'd get some fresh answers to this. On my wet relaxed hair I use GVP the Detangler. It's ok :ohwell:

Anybody have any better ideas?

Aussie Moist Conditioner is an awesome Detangler

NourishSpa Conditioner thick and creamy great detangler as well and the smell on both of these is:lick:

I've also found adding oil (any oil) generously to my hair before detangling can really make a world of difference:yep:

I recently got the whole detangling right (thank god) and am using ORP with my LTR leave in but I see Maine n Tail is a favorite. So i will be making a purchase on this very soon.

I am still upset I spent my money on this. (It's not cheap) This did absolutely nothing for tangles. I wish I could have gotten my money back on this one.:sad:

Did you use Cowboy Magic straight or mix it with another conditioner? CM doesn't work on my hair straight, but I mix it with any conditioner and it works great for me.

Oil rinsing. Giovanni Smooth as Silk. Aussie Moist. I've incorporated these in my detangling sessions a few times and they all worked well, but I try to stick to just water for detangling. Works for me. Qhemet's detangling ghee is fine for some moisture but for detangling it's average, imo.

Qhemet's Cocoa Detangling Ghee. I'm 5 months post and I have waves, curls, coils, and thickness to contend with :lachen:.

Kinky Curky Knot Today is the best detangler I've used. Unlike other popular detanglers, he doesn't have cones. So that's a bonus if you're trying to avoid cones.

I also like Just For Me 2-in-1 detangling leave in conditioner

lys

I'm going to have to cosign on the Qhemet. I used it for the 1st time yesterday & I'm 6 months post. Not only did it detangle well but my hair airdried feeling like silk so it's also a wonderful leave-in. Also, a little goes a long way.

Back