20 monts post, BC'ing Today--Eeek!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Looks good, Chica! Congrats on a 20 month transition! Woot woot:)

Sent from my iPhone while out living my best life!

joytimes10

Congrats! Isn't it a liberating feeling! I was so happy when I chooped of the last of my relaxed ends. Braidouts are so much easier now! You'll see :) So happy for you.

Cherokee-n-Black

Thanks ladies! Never could have done it without the support and inspiration of my LHCF folk (most of whom are on this thread! LOL) wavezncurlz - yes they twirled it in the sink. I had no idea what was going on LOL. Luckily, while I was under the hood dryer I read the Curly Girl book on their complimentary iPad (yeah, you're not paying for the cut, necessarily) LOL. I got a good sense of the method. Again, I don't know if I have the skillz to replicate the results, but I will try. Of course, right now I want to run out and try every curly product on the market! A lot of people were just meh about Deva Curl products, but I liked how they worked on my hair. I suspect that the amount and technique the salon uses makes all the difference, but I may actually buy them (from Ricky's where they're cheaper) :D

Ronnieaj

Your hair looks absolutely beauteous!! Congrats on your decision, and I'm glad you has such a great experience.

Cherokee-n-Black

OK...so why did my MIL call to ask me how it went and say "I just knew it was going to be bad..." Dannng...can you at least SEE it before you start hating??? I guess since her other daughter in law is half indian (from India) and I'm more black than Cherokee my hair couldn't possibly look good in its natural state. SMDH...

WantNatural

OK...so why did my MIL call to ask me how it went and say "I just knew it was going to be bad..." Dannng...can you at least SEE it before you start hating??? I guess since her other daughter in law is half indian (from India) and I'm more black than Cherokee my hair couldn't possibly look good in its natural state. SMDH...

WHATEVA MIL! :ohwell: LOVE IT! Your hair is gorgeous, don't pay any haters any mind! Congrats!!!!!:grin::grin::grin:

Cherokee-n-Black

Thanks again! Update, my DH just casually suggested we stop by his folks' house. She went from shock that it looked good, to "It's cute," to "I love it." Did not realize she had recently relaxed. So, I guess her phone call was the creamy crack talking. LOL! As usual, thank you for your support! :D