1st Self Install with Crochets! PICS!!

soon2bsl

Hey ladies!

So I got a wild hair today and decided to install my own crochets for the first time. I've been having my mom do them this year, but since she lives over an hour away, I figured why not give it a try. I used Brazillian Braid hair by Freetress. In the past I used the Water Wave, but wanted to try some different hair. The color is 1B/27. Took me about 3.5 hours-4 hours to do them (including braiding my hair) and I took breaks in between... (arms and wrist needed a break :) ). I plan on keeping them in for 4 weeks. Alright, so on to the pics!

Attachments

• memory card 5- new card 1146.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1146.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 359
  • memory card 5- new card 1150.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1150.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 321
  • memory card 5- new card 1151.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1151.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 295
  • memory card 5- new card 1153.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1153.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 272
  • memory card 5- new card 1155.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1155.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 252

soon2bsl

I could only attach 5 at a time so here's a couple more:

Attachments

• memory card 5- new card 1148.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1148.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 133
  • memory card 5- new card 1142.jpg
    memory card 5- new card 1142.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 128

naturalmanenyc

Very nice!!! I love the protective style (pin up) over the crochet braids.

I have had my install in for 6 weeks, using Freetress Bohemian Braid. I'm impressed that you finished in 4hours. It took me 5 1/2 hours not including the time to cornrow.

soon2bsl

Very nice!!! I love the protective style (pin up) over the crochet braids.

I have had my install in for 6 weeks, using Freetress Bohemian Braid. I'm impressed that you finished in 4hours. It took me 5 1/2 hours not including the time to cornrow.

Thanks naturalmanenyc!! Yeah I thought it was going to take me all night. I started around 4:00-4:30pm and finished around 8:30pm with a break. My goal was to be done by midnight so I suprised myself I got done before 9pm. I didn't put as much hair on the sides though since they won't be seen...so that could have cut down on time.

I've checked out your fotki several times and always admire your crochets! I eventually want to get the curly twists that you've had before. So glad you replied in this thread because I'd like to know how this hair holds up? I still plan on doing my weekly wash and DC...does this hair do well with water? Please let me know your experience with this hair. TIA!

Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

Thanks! I have been doing weekly washing & deep conditioning with my braids installed. I have the Bohemian Braid which is a bit of a tighter curl. I think the hair looks better (more natural) with age.

Photos are in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=486676

Water has not been a problem for me with this hair. I know that lots of people just cleanse their scalp while in crochet braids but I fully wash & deep condition with no problems. I also spray my cornrows each night with a mix of Chi Keratin Mist/water/braid spray or a mix of conditioner/oil/water.

I want to try a steam treatment while in crochet braids but since I won't be able to feel my loose hair, it seems like a gamble.

I sleep in a bonnet each night (after moisturizing) and I have noticed some matting/tangling by morning. I just clip out those pieces. I may moisturize in the mornings for the next set of crochet braids to allow it to dry loose instead of allowing the wet hair to matte while under a bonnet.

Thanks naturalmanenyc!! Yeah I thought it was going to take me all night. I started around 4:00-4:30pm and finished around 8:30pm with a break. My goal was to be done by midnight so I suprised myself I got done before 9pm. I didn't put as much hair on the sides though since they won't be seen...so that could have cut down on time.

I've checked out your fotki several times and always admire your crochets! I eventually want to get the curly twists that you've had before. So glad you replied in this thread because I'd like to know how this hair holds up? I still plan on doing my weekly wash and DC...does this hair do well with water? Please let me know your experience with this hair. TIA!

Last edited:

soon2bsl

Thanks! I have been doing weekly washing & deep conditioning with my braids installed. I have the Bohemian Braid which is a bit of a tighter curl. I think the hair looks better (more natural) with age.

Photos are in this thread: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=486676

Water has not been a problem for me with this hair. I know that lots of people just cleanse their scalp while in crochet braids but I fully wash & deep condition with no problems. I also spray my cornrows each night with a mix of Chi Keratin Mist/water/braid spray or a mix of conditioner/oil/water.

I want to try a steam treatment while in crochet braids but since I won't be able to feel my loose hair, it seems like a gamble.

I sleep in a bonnet each night (after moisturizing) and I have noticed some matting/tangling by morning. I just clip out those pieces. I may moisturize in the mornings for the next set of crochet braids to allow it to dry loose instead of allowing the wet hair to matte while under a bonnet.

Thanks for the info and posting the link to your thread. Yours looks great! Your regi in crochets sounds very similiar to mine when I wear crochets and sew ins. I really love ease of crochets, and glad to know that this hair does well with water. I didn't have any issues before with water wave and was hoping it would be the same with this hair. Thanks again!

Last edited:

soon2bsl

Bumping since I posted late last night. Let me know what ya think ladies...feedback,comments, critiques, welcome! :)

lilsparkle825

They look great, and you are pretty :). I am too afraid to stray from water wave LOL....but this looks really nice. My mom is a huge fan of crochets, so I have to show this to her!

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
Wow ... that looks like a beautiful braid out. :yep:

Well done, OP. I've never worn fake hair before, but y'all givin' a sistah ideas up in here. :grin:

kbragg

Gorgeous! How much did the hair cost you? Do you have a link to where you bought it? I'm so biting this style:grin: