Best products for keeping curly hair moisturized

peacelove

Hi there - I am planning on wearing my hair curly this summer and I am using Frederick Fakkai wave maker spray in my twist process. But I am looking for some products that work best to keep my hair moisturized longer. What do you folks use on your curly styles?

ms_kenesha

Does the FF Wave Maker make your hair dry? I read somewhere it has salt water in it and I thought, gee that sounds drying!

peacelove

yes it does - more than the Relax wave maker spray. But FF gives me better curls. Maybe I will try relax again. I really would love to know the best products to work on my curly style.

Crystal

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
peacelove said:
Hi there - I am planning on wearing my hair curly this summer and I am using Frederick Fakkai wave maker spray in my twist process. But I am looking for some products that work best to keep my hair moisturized longer. What do you folks use on your curly styles?

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Sebastian Wet. I usually use that in my Wavy/Curly weaves though. It stops it from swelling and makes it look like that wet look all day even though it's dry.

But the Scurl spray, definitely keeps it moist.

peacelove

Crystal said:
peacelove said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I use Sebastian Wet. I usually use that in my Wavy/Curly weaves though. It stops it from swelling and makes it look like that wet look all day even though it's dry.

But the Scurl spray, definitely keeps it moist.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the S curl spray give you curls?

mirrormirror

Sebastian Lamintates Curl- perfecting polish is really good.
Here's the info:
Laminates Curl lush moisture supports individual, cascading curls and eliminates frizz. This innovative formula hydrtaes to singularize natural curls and waves with perfectly weightless shine.

mirrormirror

pink lush said:
When using Sebastian Wet do you use a pea drop or alot all over the hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.........I usually put about a quarter size or more in my hands and apply it all through my hair. And then I sometimes spray a little water through my hair also, to soften the result. Your curls come out really soft and bouncy.

mahogani

The care free curl gold makes my hair sooooo soft and curly !!!!!! i just wash my hair deep condition,condition again and spray the care free curl activator GOLD and scrunch and bam curly go curly i love it!!!! my hair is moisturized all day and night.

Lindy

mahogani said:
The care free curl gold makes my hair sooooo soft and curly !!!!!! i just wash my hair deep condition,condition again and spray the care free curl activator GOLD and scrunch and bam curly go curly i love it!!!! my hair is moisturized all day and night.

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW!! I'm definitely going to try that!!
Does the hair ever dry with the activator in it? Do you have to keep adding it to keep it moist???

pink lush

I tried the Sebastian Wet last night. For a minute there I saw what I thought was a formation of curls but when it finally dried it just looked like loose braids but kinda stiff.

In all honestly I looked ridiculous. Thanks though. I dont know if I'll ever find the right product

adrienne0914

HOW are you styling your hair after you put the product on? you mentioned twists, but do you wait until they dry completely? what do you do?

adrienne

sweetcocoa

mirrormirror said:
pink lush said:
When using Sebastian Wet do you use a pea drop or alot all over the hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well.........I usually put about a quarter size or more in my hands and apply it all through my hair. And then I sometimes spray a little water through my hair also, to soften the result. Your curls come out really soft and bouncy.

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna try this on my natural curls...