Long Hair Care Forum
Home Rules Feature Of The Month !! SUBSCRIBE !! Reviews iSpy Blogs Groups Contact Us

Go Back   Long Hair Care Forum > Long Hair Care Forum's Discussion Boards > Hair Care Tips & Product Review Discussion

User Tag List

Old 07-13-2008, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Post Groganics-for thinning hair

So the women in my family started using Groganics DHT Blocker System. At first I use to down talk it and tell them that they will be better off using pepperment oil and another ingredient that I recognized, alone since they are known to stimulate the scalp. They ignored me and didn't want to go through the drama of mixing their own products and stuff.

So about 2-3 months later I see my cousin and her hair is so thick. My mom had some serious balding going on and now her edges, nape, and crown of her head is growing in nicely. My sister who use to have extremly nice and long hair and lately began to experience some thinning started using this product (probably 4 weeks ago). I didn't see her results but she came to my house to grab the rest of this product because she said it is thickening up her hair like the good ole' days.

So I'm writing to see if anyone else is using this product, used it, or know someone who used it?

I am truly amazed at the results that I have seen. I only have the jar in front of me and the ingredients are:

Polyquaterium-37, PVP, Amazonian Herbal Blend, Saw patmett, niacin, nettle leaf, methal crystals, camphar, pepperment oil, eucalyptus oil, zinc, methylparabean, and fragrance.....

What do you think about the ingredients?
Old 07-13-2008, 04:52 PM

Default Re: Groganics-for thinning hair

...bump...
Old 07-13-2008, 04:58 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoSweet08 View Post
So the women in my family started using Groganics DHT Blocker System. At first I use to down talk it and tell them that they will be better off using pepperment oil and another ingredient that I recognized, alone since they are known to stimulate the scalp. They ignored me and didn't want to go through the drama of mixing their own products and stuff.

So about 2-3 months later I see my cousin and her hair is so thick. My mom had some serious balding going on and now her edges, nape, and crown of her head is growing in nicely. My sister who use to have extremly nice and long hair and lately began to experience some thinning started using this product (probably 4 weeks ago). I didn't see her results but she came to my house to grab the rest of this product because she said it is thickening up her hair like the good ole' days.

So I'm writing to see if anyone else is using this product, used it, or know someone who used it?

I am truly amazed at the results that I have seen. I only have the jar in front of me and the ingredients are:

Polyquaterium-37, PVP, Amazonian Herbal Blend, Saw patmett, niacin, nettle leaf, methal crystals, camphar, pepperment oil, eucalyptus oil, zinc, methylparabean, and fragrance.....

I always run ingredients through http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com.

The highest ingredient listed w/a moderate hazard of 4 was the methylparaben. The polyquaterium 37 came in @ 0 or low hazard and PVP had no listing but it's used as a stablizer.

I looked at this product line yesterday from another post on the board but could not find a list of ingredients for the poo/condish etc. Do you have any idea where I could find that list? I don't purchase products unless I can review the ingredients.

Glad to know your family has found success w/this product line.

Do they use anything other than the DHT? You mentioned the entire system..???

Last edited by eshille; 07-13-2008 at 05:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:20 PM

Sorry I don't know anything about the poo or con.

The just use the "grease" I guess you can call it, that comes in a jar or tube. It's very light. My mom just took it away from me but, it said something about Brazilian Amazonian..I dunno. But Yea it's really working for them. All they need to do is listen to me about washing their hair more often, deep conditioning, and healthier hair styles. Oh yea and moisturizing.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 PM

BUMP..CURIOUS TO KNOW MORE!!
Old 07-13-2008, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Sorry I don't know anything about the poo or con.

The just use the "grease" I guess you can call it, that comes in a jar or tube. It's very light. My mom just took it away from me but, it said something about Brazilian Amazonian..I dunno. But Yea it's really working for them. All they need to do is listen to me about washing their hair more often, deep conditioning, and healthier hair styles. Oh yea and moisturizing.
That's great SoSweet...there's about 4 products which come in the jar...maybe they are using The Head Full of Hair or The Hair Growing Wild products. Looking at the line those are the closest products I could find that are a type of 'grease'.

Here are some pics..
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/grdblsyne.html
Now you've got me interested....

Thanks for the review...

Last edited by eshille; 07-13-2008 at 05:33 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:54 PM

I found a site which has a list of most of the product's ingredients, if anyone is interested:

http://www.savebeauty.com/Product_li...1618-100000307
Old 07-13-2008, 07:52 PM

Their using this(the scalp treatment)
http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply....htdatosct.html

and something in a tube that I don't see on that site. I have to ask my sister for the name.

It's really weird. You got to understand, my mom was balding like crazy in the front, crown, and nape. Those spots are almost filled in in such a short time. This thing must really be powerful.

I made a thread when I first joined about aloe and it making your hair thick. Well, the lady that does the aloe treatments does this and that's how my nosey mom found out lol.

And it's really working. I'm thinking about starting it myself but I just need to research more.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:55 PM

I lied...this is it http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply....atoscgel6.html
Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 PM

What is DHT?

DHT (Dihydrotestosterone) is the most potent naturally occuring androgen and is produced from free testosterone through the acion of 5-alpha-reductance. 5-alpha-reductance concentrations are highest in the peripheral tissues (hair follicles). Both males and females experience the effects of dht on genetically predisposed hair follices. Binding of dht to the hair follice results in gradual miniaturization of the hair and eventual hair loss.

The older we get, the more dht build up in the scalp.

How does groganics work?

Groganics dht blocker uses only natural ingredients to attack, block and freeze dht and slowly strengthen the follicle which promotes longer, stronger, thicker, fuller and healthier hair for both men and women. The daily internal supplement (prescription strength) obstructs dht and promotes hair growth from inside out.
Old 08-05-2008, 07:38 PM

I brought the Groganics Freeze Shampoo and Conditioner and I must say I am sold. This will definitely stay apart of my hair care regimen. I have been using it for 5 days and I do see and feel a difference in my hair. I see fine hair/fuzz appearing where there has not been any in a few years. This is more than worth a try, especially if you have hair that has been thinning as the years go by and although you have tried several things the "wisps" barely hold on. I plan to get the scalp gel and the wild growth as well
Old 08-05-2008, 07:42 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 13 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshille View Post
I always run ingredients through http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com.

The highest ingredient listed w/a moderate hazard of 4 was the methylparaben. The polyquaterium 37 came in @ 0 or low hazard and PVP had no listing but it's used as a stablizer.

I looked at this product line yesterday from another post on the board but could not find a list of ingredients for the poo/condish etc. Do you have any idea where I could find that list? I don't purchase products unless I can review the ingredients.

Glad to know your family has found success w/this product line.

Do they use anything other than the DHT? You mentioned the entire system..???
Thanks for the site!
Old 08-06-2008, 08:45 AM

I've seen this product in bss, but is this one of those products that if you stop using it your hair will go back to the stage it was in as far as thinning?
Old 08-06-2008, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leo76 View Post
I've seen this product in bss, but is this one of those products that if you stop using it your hair will go back to the stage it was in as far as thinning?
No, this is to rid the scalp of "DHT" and to maintain the scalp from building up DHT. However; if you go without a DHT remover for a long period of time then your hair may or maynot return to thinning. DHT is something that the body has normally and periodical removal is necessary to aid in healthy hair growth. Daily use is not required. I used it for 1 week daily to rid my scalp of probably a lifetime of DHT build-up and now I use it once a week for maintenance (shampoo & conditioner).
Old 08-15-2008, 08:24 AM

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)

Quote:

SoSweet08,

Do you know the exact names of these products that your family used?

Goals: To thicken my edges
Old 08-15-2008, 08:45 AM

I use the topical scalp treatment in the jar. The "grease". I am a fan.

This and alternating with Sulfur 8 mixed with castor oil has my edges and nape strong. A little too strong cause they are the first to get "rough" when I straigten my hair.

I only use it on my edges and nape though and I use other products for the rest of my hair.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:28 PM

Thanked 2,619 Times in 835 Posts
Mentioned: 239 Post(s)
Tagged: 42 Thread(s)

BUMPING FOR 2009!!!!

Who else has tried Groganics??? Texas Beauty Supply has the entire line!

http://texasbeautysupplycom.stores.y...groganics.html.

Anybody........?
Old 03-16-2009, 10:40 PM

Thanked 29,848 Times in 5,213 Posts
Mentioned: 888 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairicome View Post
I brought the Groganics Freeze Shampoo and Conditioner and I must say I am sold. This will definitely stay apart of my hair care regimen. I have been using it for 5 days and I do see and feel a difference in my hair. I see fine hair/fuzz appearing where there has not been any in a few years. This is more than worth a try, especially if you have hair that has been thinning as the years go by and although you have tried several things the "wisps" barely hold on. I plan to get the scalp gel and the wild growth as well
My friend's mom has turned her on this (And I've been using it once a week). I don't know if I see any difference but my friend say she definetely notice less shedding. Her mom's hair was comming out in chunks. I think thinning hair at old age run in the family. Her mom says the thinning stop once she started using the grease. Now she is using the poo and con to totally stop the thinning process.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:36 PM

see my response below regarding my thought on Groganics:

Quote:

Last edited by NaniDiamond; 04-28-2009 at 11:50 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 11:47 PM

Thumbs up Re: Groganics-for thinning hair

yes, i've tried several products from Groganics and after about a year, i had about 4-5 inches of new, healthy hair and my thinning crown was actually thicker than the rest of my head... I stopped using this line and low and behold, my hair started to thin again and i lost about 3 inches, but after restarting this regimen, I've already gotten almost 1 inch back (in about 2 months time)...I found cheaper hair vitamins at Walmart, but I am not going to stop using the shampoo and conditioner( and I might go back to the vitamins)...oh well, there's my thought..ttyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manushka View Post
BUMPING FOR 2009!!!!

Who else has tried Groganics??? Texas Beauty Supply has the entire line!

http://texasbeautysupplycom.stores.y...groganics.html.

Anybody........?