Thinning Hair

Chrissy811

My hair is thinning the beautician told me to use B&B Pine Tar. I looked at the Ingredients and it has both Mineral Oil and Petroleum in it. From What I understand it is a big no-no for the scalp. Anyone else have this problem and how did you fix it?

Crystal

chocolate01

I am actually having the same problem. Currently I am massaging vitamin E oil on my hair at night, scalp massages, no heat on my hair, and I have a dermatologists appointment next week. I am also seriously considering not relaxing my hair anymore because for right now I cant pinpoint why exactly this is happening.

I would suggest you look at your haircare regime (how much heat, products, etc.), any chemicals you put in your hair (relaxer-how often, dyes), and if you think necessary go see a derm. I hope that information helps and keeps us posted on what you decide.

sexycaramel03

I know someone who's hair was thinning from abuse and use of glue. She started wearing sew-ins for 4 weeks at a time and only relaxing every 7.5 months. Almost two years later her hair is very thick and long.

DigitalRain

[ QUOTE ]
chocolate01 said:
I am actually having the same problem. Currently I am massaging vitamin E oil on my hair at night, scalp massages, no heat on my hair, and I have a dermatologists appointment next week. I am also seriously considering not relaxing my hair anymore because for right now I cant pinpoint why exactly this is happening.

I would suggest you look at your haircare regime (how much heat, products, etc.), any chemicals you put in your hair (relaxer-how often, dyes), and if you think necessary go see a derm. I hope that information helps and keeps us posted on what you decide.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I bet this is what the derm is going to tell me to do, stop relaxing.

LABETT

My hair had thinned out from wearing weave glued in.
Surge and Jason's Thin to Thick Shampoo and Conditioner has
improved my hair tremendously along with co washes.
I also started taking B5 and A B50 tabs to help thicken my hair.
I stopped blowdying and letting my hair airdry.
There is also a thread going now about drinking carrot juice it is suppose to thicken your hair also.