September 2014..What Did YOU Buy This Week? (Hair Care Edition)

ronie

4 bottles of nexxus emergencee (seems to be going out of stock)
Stocking up on SD:
RCA dream big
Shea What dream big
WGBC dream big
MHC buttery soy
Curl junkie repair me
Going forward, aside from, APB ayurvedic cream and ayurvedic mask, These are the ONLY products i will be using.
My cleansers will be: elucence moisture benefits, elucence acidifying shampoo, as i am coconut cowash, and redken cleansing cream to clarify/chelate.
I'm over being a PJ. I am finally at peace with a combo of products.
On flat iron/blow dry days i will use carol s daughter cupuacu line along with kenra platinum blow dry spray.
My oils: evco, argan, jojoba, grapesed.

Kindheart

2 x Shea moisture Smoothie . It's not better than the milk but i like it alot .
Eta: i changed my mind ,it made my hair frizzy after a few hours .ugh.

Last edited:

TwistedRoots

Back2Life Back2ReLaxer!
SSI Seyani Hair Butter and Mizani night time treatment.... Slowly trying to remember what worked for my hair when I was relaxed and praying that it works now that I've revisited the crack.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
ronie

What do you mean by emergencee being OOS? At your vendor of choice? On the Nexxus site? ??????

NVM: I just saw your posts in another thread.

Last edited:

bronxsoloist

I've been waiting to post in this thread because I rarely buy anything, BUT TODAY I HAVE SPLURGED (in my eyes).

What brought me to spend today was the fact that I haven't made my own hair butter cream mixture in a bit. In fact, since my hair has gotten a lil hang time on it, I've not been doing the things I usually do. (ie.PS styling 99% of the time) Recently I was wearing it out and playing with it, etc.... foolery mistakes. ANYWHO I need to get back on my grind and come with a nice smooth yummy butter for my hair. My hair loves butter and I have not been buttering it up and LOCing AT ALL! (As I type this I am realizing it has been QUITE some time since I've done that. wow. :nono:)

SOOOO today I decided to do some online shopping and purchased the following : 8 lbs of Coconut Oil, 1 lb of Shea Butter, 1 lb of Cocoa Butter, 16oz of Sweet Almond Oil, AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST SOMETHING NEW TO THE ARSENAL FOR ME Mango BUTTER!!! <<<<SOOOOO EXCITED about using this.

I like making a butter cream mixture with the aforementioned ingredients, plus some olive oil to loosen it up. But may replace with the Almond. Yummy Thoughts

ronie

ronie I have some sitting in my Amazon cart. The $7.45 prime add on.
You mean the nexxus polymedic ( 6 0z bottle) emergency reconstructor.
It is different from the original nexxus POLYMERIC EMERGENCEE. I was told they work the same, but I ve only used the latter. It usually comes in a 3.3 oz bottle for 15.99. Back in the days, when it was only sold in salons, they had a bigger bottle for $50. That is the one that seems to be going off the market. The sellers on amazon who do have it doubled the price from 29.99 to 34.00. It usually is a bad sign.

NaturallyATLPCH

Picked up some HE The Sleeker the Butter Conditioner to cowash with and WOW!

My hair is sooooo soft STILL. I just put some Ynobe Shop Avocado and Flaxseed Smoothie in my hair to moisturize/style. I'm not sure if it's the Smoothie or the Cowash, but my hair is soft as a mutha!

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
You mean the nexxus polymedic ( 6 0z bottle) emergency reconstructor.
It is different from the original nexxus POLYMERIC EMERGENCEE. I was told they work the same, but I ve only used the latter. It usually comes in a 3.3 oz bottle for 15.99. Back in the days, when it was only sold in salons, they had a bigger bottle for $50. That is the one that seems to be going off the market. The sellers on amazon who do have it doubled the price from 29.99 to 34.00. It usually is a bad sign.

I've never tried the one in small square bottle. Now, I'm curious..

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Picked up some HE The Sleeker the Butter Conditioner to cowash with and WOW! My hair is sooooo soft STILL. I just put some Ynobe Shop Avocado and Flaxseed Smoothie in my hair to moisturize/style. I'm not sure if it's the Smoothie or the Cowash, but my hair is soft as a mutha!

Oooo I just bought that conditioner. Hoping for the same results :)

NaturallyATLPCH

Oooo I just bought that conditioner. Hoping for the same results :)

Yeah it's amazing. The Giovanni Ultra Moist makes my hair hard and the only other one I had was the Giovanni TTTT and I didn't want a sqeaky clean scalp. I wanted something more moisturizing and cheap. I mean, I'm really impressed. I think I like this over Hello Hydration. I think shawnyblazes mentioned it and I'm glad I bought it.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
Yeah it's amazing. The Giovanni Ultra Moist makes my hair hard and the only other one I had was the Giovanni TTTT and I didn't want a sqeaky clean scalp. I wanted something more moisturizing and cheap. I mean, I'm really impressed. I think I like this over Hello Hydration. I think shawnyblazes mentioned it and I'm glad I bought it.

I'm looking forward to using it now. I've used HE Honey I'm Strong and it had a lot of slip and some moisture too.

NaturallyATLPCH

Tar'Jay:
x2 Shea Moisture Manuka Honey DC'er

I have one of these in my stash. With the great reviews I can't wait to use it. :yep:

Oh, I stopped by CVS and got:
Shea Moisture BOGO (Curl and Style Milk for me, staple, Deep Treatment Mask for a friend)
HH Naked and Hello Hydration conditioners to compare to my Sleeker the Butter condish. :blush:

bronzephoenix

Another bottle of Sm black soap balancing conditioner. It was all I could find while on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Sholapie

My new baby Remington silk dryer professional 2400 watt hair dryer
bss haul
parnavu t tree leave in conditioner x2
johnsons baby shampoo
hot six oil
blue magic coconut oil
organics cholesterol

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
Picked up some HE The Sleeker the Butter Conditioner to cowash with and WOW!

My hair is sooooo soft STILL. I just put some Ynobe Shop Avocado and Flaxseed Smoothie in my hair to moisturize/style. I'm not sure if it's the Smoothie or the Cowash, but my hair is soft as a mutha!

NaturallyATLPCH, yes,its bomb. I love HH conditioners. They never do me wrong.

oneastrocurlie

APB infused oils
-Ayurvedic (Marshmallow clouds) and Green Tea, Aloe, and Silk (pomegranate mango)

Also got another Shea Moisture Manuka Honey Masque with the last of the Target Gift Cards.

Last edited:

Bibliophile

Hair toy Aficionado
Aubrey Organics Men's Stock Herbal Hair Spray
Evolve 30pack conditioning caps
Fairy Tales Curl Maker Gel
Fairy Tales Curl Rosemary Repel Hair Spray
Nubian Heritage Honey & Black Seed Infused Shea Butter
Oyin Handmade Greg Juice liter size
Redken Hair Cleansing Cream
Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Conditioner
Trigger Spray Nozzles (6)