Luscious Healthy Ends Challenge 2015/2016

IronButterfly

I don't really have the luxury of taking lots time to do my hair, so this morning I decided to slap SSI Avocado condish on dry hair and cover with a plastic cap and heat cap while I taking care of my motherly duties. Once I'm done with breakfast, I plan on doing an oil rinse with HQS Go Deep (slightly diluted). No actually "cleaning" today. Then I will slather my strands with HQS GM topped with a lime oil and put my hair in two braids and call it a day.

Ebonybunny

Some things this challenge has taught me so far : My hair likes to be detangled after a long heated dc, I REALLY need to stop sleeping on unstretched hair (biggest hair vice), detangling impatiently might be the reason for most of my set backs since going natural, detangling intricate knots is very suspenseful O_________o

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I read about this when I bought the Aloe Berry Gel a while ago.they suggested it would be great used underneath. Just by mentioning it, you make me want to revisit the site.

How does it benefit your hair?

@AbsyBlvd
Underneath what? The oil under the spray?

I oil my scalp with it ONLY. I don't use it to seal. I spray my beehive with the LI.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Some things this challenge has taught me so far : My hair likes to be detangled after a long heated dc, I REALLY need to stop sleeping on unstretched hair (biggest hair vice), detangling impatiently might be the reason for most of my set backs since going natural, detangling intricate knots is very suspenseful O_________o

@Ebonybunny

My hair doesn't like this either.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
On their site they also recommend it- the lemongrass leave in- for use underneath their aloe berry gel. I never bought it when I ordered the gel (a while ago), but it seemed like something I might want to try.

Oh I haven't really been using the LI that long only like a week or so and only on my braids so I can't really tell you much about it. My hair isn out so I can't really tell how my hair is responding to it. I will definitely report back after I removed the braids to see if the LI alone has left me really moisturized.

LivingInPeace

I did a protein treatment after washing my hair. After my moisturizing DC I put my hair in twists. I'll probably keep them in until the weekend.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Where do you get that from, local or online?
I need to try something.
It was given to me by another member. That product has been discontinued, but if you go to the Kerastase website you will see several alternatives. The products are pricy, but worth it. Resistance line is for strengthening. Nutritive line is for moisture. Reflective is for color treated hair.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I just put aloe gel on my ends along with some Loreal extreme repair split end serum. Then I oiled my scalp with jbco and put on a baggy.

I'm hoping for an easy wash day tomorrow.

Pennefeather

I haven't checked in for a while because of some damage. Overall the ends are doing well. I continue to seal nightly with my shea butter mixture, and daily with SM JBC styling lotion.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
@ZebraPrintLover I also use Aphogee 2 minute and Nexxus Emergencee. Both can be purchased online at amazon or you can find in the bss/drugstore. Nexxus Emergencee is my holy grail protein treatment

I used both when I was relaxed. I have 2 min in my hair stash that I bought not to long ago, just haven't gotten around to using it yet. I hope my natural hair likes it as much as my relaxed hair did.