Ended my 16 month transition last Saturday... OFFICIALLY A NATURAL! [Pics]

finickyone

Congrats! Your hair is beautiful!
I would love to have shoulder length natural hair before I bc in October. Thats not going to happen for me though so I may attempt to transition longer.

blksndrlla

You hair looks absolutely gorgeous! That is a lot of hair for 16 months!

(goes to see if i can find your transitioning reggie!)

vikkisecret

Nubian Girl
You did an excellent job of maintaining your length and thickness. I am transitioning now out of years of super straight hair. The relaxer I'm using now texurizes my NG while letting me have straight hair. I hope I get good results like yours! Keep up the inspiring work! :yep:

Last edited:

vivEz daNs lamouR

You did an excellent job of maintaining your length and thickness. I am transitioning now out of years of super straight hair. The relaxer I'm using now texurizes my NG while letting me have straight hair. I hope I get good results like yours! Keep up the inspiring work! :yep:

Awww thanks! Trust me it wasn't always easy. In fact in the very very beginning I kept asking myself "Why am I doing this again??" :lol:

Congratulations to YOU too for deciding to make the transition! :yep:

Aggie

Wow, congratulations vivEz. I am thinking of transitioning for 20 months and I am only at almost 5.5 months. This is definitely an inspiration for me to keep going. Thanks for posting. I am transitioning to texlaxed hair by the way.

vivEz daNs lamouR

Wow, congratulations vivEz. I am thinking of transitioning for 20 months and I am only at almost 5.5 months. This is definitely an inspiration for me to keep going. Thanks for posting. I am transitioning to texlaxed hair by the way.

You can do it!!

Trust me, you've made it past 4 months, that alone for me was one of the hardest parts. You can do it, feel free to PM me if you ever need any advice :yep:

lilsparkle825

What's up, hair cousin? I swear I did a double take and thought you had photoshopped one of my pics. LOL

Congratulations on the BC...welcome to the dark side!

Ms_CoCo37

Hey guys :wave:

I'm sooo excited to share with you all my new natural 'do! I BC'ed last Saturday at Prive salon in NYC. To be honest, I've been wanting to BC for a while now, but just kept putting it off. Eventually it got to the point where I said to myself, *** it, it'll be short, but it will definitely be easier to manage and it'll be healthy and grow as a result.

I know my post is long overdue for those who requested to see my newly natural state, I've been just way too busy with work! Anyway, onto the pics.

PRE-BC: (In the process of being flat-ironed)

BC:
(2nd day hair pulled into a puff)

During and before my DC process:

I must say, I never freaked out or went into hair shock during the chopping process. In fact, once it was done, I wondered why didn't I chop sooner! :lol:

Right now my regimen is cowashing everyday, doing a WNG, and on the weekends I do a protein and then a moisturizing DC. Staples right now are Aloe Rid, KCCC, KC Knot Today, and Aussie Moist.

HTH, and HAPPY HAIR GROWING! :yep:

Wow! Your post was so inspiring! It will be 2 years since I started growing my relaxer out. I've been too afraid to cut it because I don't think short hair would fit my pie face. Plus my hair growth has been really weird (fast in the back, slow on the top and sides). I don't want to wind up with a mullet :p

Thank you for posting your thread. I just might go ahead and do it...

vivEz daNs lamouR

Thank you so much again ladies for your love and support :drunk:

Wow! Your post was so inspiring! It will be 2 years since I started growing my relaxer out. I've been too afraid to cut it because I don't think short hair would fit my pie face. Plus my hair growth has been really weird (fast in the back, slow on the top and sides). I don't want to wind up with a mullet :p

Thank you for posting your thread. I just might go ahead and do it...

Awww thank you :grin: Congratulations on growing out your relaxer for 2 years! You're doing fantastic, I cracked at barely 1.5 years :lachen:

One of my fears too was how short hair would look on me, I have very chubby cheeks and somewhat of an apple face, not to mention a big forehead. So cutting my hair meant no bangs to cover my forehead and no long hair to alleviate the fatness in my face, but surprisingly it looks good. I just got to the point where I said *** it, if it works it works, and if it doesn't, then my hair is long enough that I can do something else like put braids in or something.

Do whatever YOU feel is best. :yep:

What's up, hair cousin? I swear I did a double take and thought you had photoshopped one of my pics. LOL

Congratulations on the BC...welcome to the dark side!

Did you say hair cousins? Off to stalk your fotki! :yep: