BSL/MBL 2015 Challenge

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My roots are really puffy, but I got to make it last 2 more weeks. I might get a cheapie wig to get me through. My other option is to just bun

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
I'm here. Add me please. I just made APL and ready for BSL-MBL for 2015. I'll be 100% in protective styles for 2015 - wigs, buns, crotchet braids and twists. This is easiest for me with my schedule...and super effective for my length retention.

I'll still be using my homemade sulphur oil.
My starting pics taken today.

Attachments

• 20141208_103455~2~2.jpg
    20141208_103455~2~2.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 20141208_103539.jpg
    20141208_103539.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 36

Leo24Rule

Noticed last night during hair washing & followed with the LOC method and this morning that my hair appears stronger and thicker.
I'm wearing my hair in 2 pigtails extended with curly fake hair. My ends are securely protected with saran wrap. I hope I can make this protective hairstyle last all week!

ezina

About 4 weeks until I do a length check. Hoping for MBL.

I was sort of 'meh' about my last length check in September...I was hoping to be closer to MBL than I was. I mean, I was, but not all my hair, so it was cut even. I am forever chasing long lengths...

This week, I'm getting my hair prepared for a Christmas Party I'm hosting. I will wash and DC, blow dry using the tension method, and then do about 20 braids in my hair, so that by Friday before the party, I'll have a fresh braid out. It's been almost a year since I rocked a proper braid out. I'll post a braid out comparison shot here if I like the results.

Last edited:

HappyAtLast

About 4 weeks until I do a length check. Hoping for MBL.

I was sort of 'meh' about my last length check in September...I was hoping to be closer to MBL than I was. I mean, I was, but not all my hair, so it was cut even. I am forever chasing long lengths...

This week, I'm getting my hair prepared for a Christmas Party I'm hosting. I will wash and DC, blow dry using the tension method, and then do about 20 braids in my hair, so that by Friday before the party, I'll have a fresh braid out. It's been almost a year since I rocked a proper braid out. I'll post a braid out comparison shot here if I like the results.

ezina Um, Sis, you need to head over to the WSL 2015 thread...all up in here putting us to shame! ;-)

ezina

ezina Um, Sis, you need to head over to the WSL 2015 thread...all up in here putting us to shame! ;-)

Haha, don't kick me out just yet; I'm still BSL! Lol, but seriously, I visit pretty much all the hair challenge threads that are BSL+ but this thread is definitely one of my more favorite ones! :yep:

ackee walk

i'm taking 5 mgs/5000 mcgs per day. daily i take either the nature's bounty hsn vitamins or i'll just take a country life high potency biotin pill on its own

ackee walk

lol, not exactly. i have a vitamin stash at home that i am trying to get rid of, and that's separate from the nature's bounty hsn vitamins that i keep at work. so if i am home, i take the country life high potency biotin (that's 5 mgs of biotin in that one pill), and i will also take silica, folic acid and omega 3. on my work days, i can't always be bothered with all of that so i will just take my nature's bounty hsn vitamins. serving size for nature's bounty is 3/day, which in total amounts to 5 mgs of biotin, amongst other good stuff.

Leo24Rule

ackee walk: The pills you swallowing small or big? I can't do the big ones. Girl, you are too much, but it's smart (vitamin stash). I like that :D!
I was thinking of taking a silica, folic acid, and garlic pills too. Are the silica, folic acid, biotin, and HSN pills really doing a difference in your hair?

ackee walk

Leo24Rule they are all pretty small, except the omega 3 but its a soft gel cap so it's still pretty easy to swallow.

i think they're making a difference in my hair. i've noticed that my hair has been growing faster since i started taking them in earnest. i also started exercising more though, so that probably helped too. girl, my fine hair does not retain length easily. i need all the help i can get!

Anaisin

I lose too much freaking hair when it's stretched, need to do the regimen I made for myself and stick to it. Swear I just lost a months of hair from brushing it today. Either my natural shrunken curls/coils or fully straightened hair, I cannot do the in between even though I like the styles other's do on their blow dried hair. Only doing my wng regimen until I reach my length goal then can create a straight hair one. I used to use heat too often and ended up with neck length hair in 2012, I cried lol it was never been that short before

iLurk

today i was measuring my torso and realized my bsl is the same as my mbl so by the time i am fully bsl i will pretty much be mbl as well. i guess thats a perk of being short

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
today i was measuring my torso and realized my bsl is the same as my mbl so by the time i am fully bsl i will pretty much be mbl as well. i guess thats a perk of being short

Me too! Bsl to Mbl took me like 4 months last time. I should be grazing Bsl by my bday in June. I will update monthly after each blowout. I am 1-2 inches from Bsl right now

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen

I have a similar situation. I have big boobs and my bra sits low (32ddd). I did a length check today and I might as well consider bsl mbl lol.

HappyAtLast

Yall made me curious so I pulled out my old length check shirt. Im APL now and BSB is 3 inches away. MBL is 3 inches from BSB. So I need 6 more inches to make MBL by the end of 2015. I gotta make every inch count.:lol: I applied my sulfur oil and MN last night. On it!

PlainJane

BSL and MBL are two inches apart on me too. Then WL is another two inches. Too bad BSL is the hardest length to reach for me. I feel like the others would be easy.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair was dry, dull and frizzy so I moisturized in sections with Neutrogena silk touch and sealed with argan oil. Now I have smooth, shiny moisturized hair. I was afraid that a good moisturizer would make my hair stiff and heavy, but I still have swang :rocker:

Leo24Rule

My hair is still in my protective style of 2 pig tails with my ends wrapped in saran wrap. Glad the look still kept up because all this week I've been extremely tired due to working 2 jobs and going to Grad School. It's catching up to me :nono:
Can't wait to be on winter break from school and 1 of my jobs in 5 more days :drunk:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
My hair is still in my protective style of 2 pig tails with my ends wrapped in saran wrap. Glad the look still kept up because all this week I've been extremely tired due to working 2 jobs and going to Grad School. It's catching up to me :nono:
Can't wait to be on winter break from school and 1 of my jobs in 5 more days :drunk:

2 jobs AND grad school? When do you sleep? You are a soldier!

Leo24Rule

2 jobs AND grad school? When do you sleep? You are a soldier!

Yes, you read correctly, 2 jobs and grad school. Work 12 hours days and go to school only on Sundays so that works in my schedule. What can I say I love money and know higher education is the way to go. Almost done! I usually get my 8 hrs of sleep, however, for some reason this week just get 5 or 6 hours. No bueno:look: