Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I just chelated my hair for the month and now I'm sitting under my steamer with Shea Moisture Manuka Honey...Masque. I will not be doing a ACV leave in this time because I just found out I'm lo-po and so its not good for my hair.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

PlainJane

I gave the herbal essence one co-cleanser another try this past wash day and it seemed to get my hair and scalp pretty clean after I used more product and worked in smaller sections. I'm going to try it one more time before I toss it for good. Anyone else using this?

CrysMelis

HairCare Enthusiast
Checking in yall. 84 weeks post!!!

So I've been rollersetting weekly and wrapping nightly. I just did my second DE Transitioning Mousse treatment and my hair is in love. I used some new Salerm and Alfa Parf products and my hair is really acting right.

Proud of the woman my hair is becoming.

✌️

PlainJane

My boyfriend requests me to wear my hair in a braid out everyyy time we see each other. I assumed most guys preferred straight hair so they could see the length but I guess not. I'm so glad this is a heatless style.

naija24

did a pull test of some scraggly hair in the back under my sew in. Cannot believe my eyes. Is my hair now neck length in the back? It hits the very bottom of my nape. that doesn't seem possible at just 5 months post, but I have to remember that I'm not doing any trims or anything. I don't know, I don't know. Maybe I'm seeing things!!

I told my bf's mom that I want to go natural and she's totally all for it! I think with her support I will be able to finally do this the way I want. I decided to BC when the back of my hair is SL. So whenever that is....hopefully by next Spring.

ckisland

this is true. if someoen can just provide me pictures of straight haired naturals who have twas that would be MUCH appreciated. because right now, if you google it you'd think it doesn't exist.

Stephaniemiller75, Thanks for tagging me :yep:

naija24, I feel your pain :lol:. It's nearly impossible to find, but I found these videos that gave me a little hope. . .even though their hair is still longer than mine :look:
Best Twa straightening video
http://youtu.be/lPnZfkPxrq8?list=LLspXqYpwvalR5mgiEcJx5lw

And I literally just found this one!!!!!
http://youtu.be/qejftSFeoNo

It is possible though!!! I did it myself and my third attempt was the best!! My hair lasted for a week. Blowdrying my damp hair with a vented brush and using grease right before I flatironned are key for me :yep:

20140926_212430.jpg

20140926_212324.jpg

naija24

Stephaniemiller75, Thanks for tagging me :yep: naija24, I feel your pain :lol:. It's nearly impossible to find, but I found these videos that gave me a little hope. . .even though their hair is still longer than mine :look: Best Twa straightening video http://youtu.be/lPnZfkPxrq8?list=LLspXqYpwvalR5mgiEcJx5lw And I literally just found this one!!!!! http://youtu.be/qejftSFeoNo It is possible though!!! I did it myself and my third attempt was the best!! My hair lasted for a week. Blowdrying my damp hair with a vented brush and using grease right before I flatironned are key for me :yep:

ckisland how many inches is your hair in these pictures?

PlainJane

I doubt I will be able to wear a wash-n-go. My curls range from this size to 3c. I'm not sure how people calculate their shrinkage percentage but I measured my fully natural section as one inch long unstretched then it was 5 inches stretched. :spinning: I was considering chopping when my nape reached 6 inches, but now I'm not so sure.

Attachments

• image-2538960114.jpg
    image-2538960114.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 98

Guinan

Re-Branding
I doubt I will be able to wear a wash-n-go. My curls range from this size to 3c. I'm not sure how people calculate their shrinkage percentage but I measured my fully natural section as one inch long unstretched then it was 5 inches stretched. :spinning: I was considering chopping when my nape reached 6 inches, but now I'm not so sure.

Shrinkage is def something that I am struggling to work with; however some of the things that have helped me are flat-twistouts and a good pick. I still wear wngs but I stretch mines with either my hands or with a pick. By doing that it not only adds length but it adds dimension to my hair.

PlainJane

Mische wow that's impressive. Shrinkage is both baffling and beautiful.

pelohello thanks for the tip about the pick. I purchased one and used it to fluff my braid out and it worked like a charm!

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm convinced at 21 weeks post relaxer they my hair texture is mostly 4c with a few 4b coils sprinkled here and there, even "a" 3c/4a growing from my scalp. I saw this big silky s shaped curl and cracked up, wth Lol!

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm convinced at 21 weeks post relaxer they my hair texture is mostly 4c with a few 4b coils sprinkled here and there, even "a" 3c/4a growing from my scalp. I saw this big silky s shaped curl and cracked up, wth Lol! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
KiWiStyle there's no way to tell until you actually bc. Also your liable to have several different textures on your head. I'm finding since my bc I have predominantly what I would consider 4a very coily hair but I also have some looser curls that seem to be in the 3 range. I also have a section above my left ear that doesn't seem to have a curl or coil to it at all I think it my 4c. I can twirl it around my finger to to blend in with the rest of my hair. Even with all the different textures I'm loving my hair for its uniqueness.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle there's no way to tell until you actually bc. Also your liable to have several different textures on your head. I'm finding since my bc I have predominantly what I would consider 4a very coily hair but I also have some looser curls that seem to be in the 3 range. I also have a section above my left ear that doesn't seem to have a curl or coil to it at all I think it my 4c. I can twirl it around my finger to to blend in with the rest of my hair. Even with all the different textures I'm loving my hair for its uniqueness.

Yes, I know but I do have a lot of areas with no curl/coil but it could be that its always lightly pulled in a flat twist style. Its hard not to guess though, Lol.

How many months post relaxer did you BC?
Stephanie74miller

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Yes, I know but I do have a lot of areas with no curl/coil but it could be that its always lightly pulled in a flat twist style. Its hard not to guess though, Lol. How many months post relaxer did you BC? Stephanie74miller Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF
I was 15 months post. I bc'd 119 days ago.

PlainJane

Part of the reason I have hairanorexia is because majority of my sides has never grown past ear length but the back and top have always been able to grow past APL. I always thought that the patch of hair above my side burns had some type of follicular damage because I wore glasses for years and years and there was a thread on it a long time ago. Well, fast forward to today I noticed that the patch of hair above my side burns is completely natural and curls up and is three inches past my ear! This has NEVER happened before. That alone has reassured me to keep going through with this transition :yep:

coolsista-paris

Today im 12 months post!!!!!! yayyyyyy

time went by so fast. i only wore braids once. all the rest of the transition was leaving my hair alone, putting it up, flat ironning at times, etc.
way easier than my first transition in 2008.

if only i can hold on another year, it would be great. but that a big question! will i manage??

i dont stay with short length.

oh here is one of my styles ( wore this week)

image-996070130.jpg

EnExitStageLeft

Soooooo.....I've been watching Wash and Go vids (again) and really want to BC at 2 years post.....again :look:.

I'mma' get it together y'all. I promise :lachen:.

Honey Bee

Same here. What sucks even more is that the looser texture is in the back, leaving me with a very weird shape. :ohwell: