Hide your Hair 2014

NaturallyATLPCH

Oiled my scalp and moisturized my marleys. I think I'm going to apply some Sea Breeze to my scalp. They are getting a little itchy and I don't want to wash them yet because they will get frizzy.

ezina

I'd like to join, DrC!

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning:
Natural (It feels good to finally claim it! :yep:)

Current Hair length:
APL. I look like I'm BSL but I won't claim it until I'm about an inch past my strap. I'm tall, so there's a lot of back to go around. :drunk:

Hair length goal:
MBL (for the year 2014)

Products being used:
Shea butter, sundry oils, silicone-free conditioner...basically, nothing special. It's very basic. My goal is to minimize build-up.

Regimen:
For the Hide Your Hair Challenge, I plan to moisturize my real hair every 2-3 days with glycerin and water, and seal with a light oil like coconut or grape seed oil. I will clean my scalp with witch hazel once a week.

Wig/Weaves/Braids:
Crochet braids with a perimeter leave out. I hope that's fine. I plan to install them sometime this week.

How long will you be in the challenge?
My hope is until the end of 2014.

If available, post Inspirational Pic:
My own hair. Just imagining it being bigger than what it is now makes me all warm inside. Also, these serve as my starting pics.

In the pictures with me in a purple top, which were taken today, I took my hair out of 6 braids to make a braid-out. I didn't think to do a length check at the time because the pictures were purely for my blog journal to show the results of the style. Anyway, I plan on doing this same braid-out at the end of the challenge to keep a consistent comparison.

I added a length check pic I did back in January (the pic with me in the light pink top).

Attachments

• January 24 2014 length check.jpg
    January 24 2014 length check.jpg
    214.3 KB · Views: 76
  • April 13 2014 braid out side profile.jpg
    April 13 2014 braid out side profile.jpg
    323 KB · Views: 82
  • April 13 2014 braid out front and back profile.jpg
    April 13 2014 braid out front and back profile.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:

NGraceO

The twists are hanging on. Rocking a high bun today.

Pardon my sister's photobomb.

Attachments

• image-97088842.jpg
    image-97088842.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 65
  • image-2261802748.jpg
    image-2261802748.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 68
  • image-2831529655.jpg
    image-2831529655.jpg
    264.4 KB · Views: 69

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
6 weeks down , 3 to go! I can hear the angels singing.

ETA These po' kinkytwists just look at mess at only 6 weeks lol. I swear Hairfinity has a hand in this.

Attachments

• 20140419_203731 (1).jpg
    20140419_203731 (1).jpg
    330 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:

Bette Davis Eyes

The "OG" Product Junkie
7 weeks on saturday. Im looking forward to my break in two weeks but im also looking forward to my next protective style.

Hows everyone doing?

Last edited:

beauti

I'm still here.sick of this wig.it's been an entire month of rocking this wig. Time for something else. Twists? Braids? Don't know :ohwell: today is wash day

msbettyboop

OMG. My wig still hasn't arrived. My hair has been out for nearly a month. My lazy bu** don't got time to be detangling all of this every week!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Last edited:

ezina

So I'm just updating to say that the crochet weave plan fell through (my attempt was an utter fail and the salon charged too much). So I got two large french braids with added hair. I'm going to keep it in for a total of one week, take it down, and decide between mini twists with my own hair or self-install braids/senegalese twists with added hair.

NaturallyATLPCH

Hey all! Today makes four weeks for my marley twists. I'm going to rock them another week before I get another set next weekend.

I've been experimenting with biotin along with my bamboo silica and have seen a decent amount of growth.

I will post some pics soon.

BFeathers

I'd like to join this challenge. My first!

I got my install done last Friday so it's been a full week and I'm itchy like mad. My rattail comb feels like a good Q-tip cleaning right about now.

Natural/Relaxed/Texlaxed/Transitioning: Relaxed - I'm officially 24wks post today under the weave and my goal is to stay that way until November or a week before Christmas.

Current Hair length: IDK. It's past my neck in the back and when I pull it to the front it grazes my collarbones. I'll just say just at the bare min. shoulder/collarbone length. It's a bit longer than my profile pic.

Hair length goal: Healthy, thick and full. BSL would be lovely and is my ideal goal. My weave is that length and it's a good look on me. But honestly if I can get thick and full looking APL by Christmas I'd be so happy

Products being used: Essential oil growth blend, MN, castor oil, Infusium 23, African Pride Braid Spray, WGO Light, African Price Olive Miracle. I just ordered Liquid Gold to try adding a sulfur.

Regimen:
Im a traditional weekly washer but I'm trying a 2wk stretch this first time. Just washed the hair today but not my scalp.

Wig/Weaves/Braids:
Weave
How long will you be in the challenge? Until November is the goal

Whit

Almost my 6th month in of hiding my hair under back to back sew ins...I'm not sure if these see through ends means that short pieces are catching up or if I need to cut my hair. I find it odd that my ends look so unsexy when they have been sewn up.
FYI: the pics to the left are from January 2014 and the ones to the right are from today, April 29th.

Attachments

• image-2503372569.jpg
    image-2503372569.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 70
  • image-2281689701.jpg
    image-2281689701.jpg
    438.7 KB · Views: 69
  • image-1994958114.jpg
    image-1994958114.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 71

msbettyboop

My mommy wig came at last and I love it. The cap fits my big head just fine. Lollll. Going to do my awesome pre-poo and conditioning treatment this weekend, braid my hair and throw this bad girl on for the next 8 weeks and I will probably buy one more because I really like it. :)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF